Fuel pump line only reading 1.7V... need help

Yellow302

Mar 2, 2003
NJ
I droped the tank pulled the pump, gave it some juice, and it works fine. I prob the connection on top and its reading low 1.7v instead of 12ish i would think?

the other connector that i assume is for fuel level is reading 8v. this line goes up into the trunk and connectes to the light assembley.... thats as far as i have traced it.

Ive checked the fuel cut of switch which wasnt triggered, and the 20 amp fuse is perfect...

Need suggestions...

• Sponsors (?)

Some of this is redundant but it's a cut/paste:

Fuel pump relay diagnostics: First, always check the inertia switch in the trunk and the fuel pump fuse in the underhood fuse box (20 amps). Also check the ignition switch fuses. With the key turned to run and checking within the fuel pump prime-out period (a duration of 2-5 seconds after turning the key to run): Check CCRM pin 5 for accessory 12 volts. If you have it, the issue lies downstream. If not: Check CCRM Pin 11 for constant 12 volts. Check CCRM Pin 13 for accessory 12 volts. Check CCRM Pin 18 for a ground signal during the prime-out.

If this is all good, check the inertia switch (located in the driver side trunk, adjacent the tail light) and fuel pump electrical connector at the tank.

turned out i blew an under the dash fuse 20 amp in slot 18, this was caused by a clogged fuel filter which was overloading the pump.

Replaced filter, fuse, and fuel pump. Shes running amazing :)

I checked the switch in the back too, just got a full print out of the wiring to the fuel pump and its was a few things but we got it.

BTW, 25 Deg out in Jersey, snow on the ground, I laid towels down and they froze... didnt even have to jack the car :) thank god i didnt lower this thing yet.