Fuel pump wont shut off??

Does the fuel pump build up pressure and then shut off? Or does it just cycle on then off no matter the pressure?

The priming feature is a function of time. The EEC actually has no clue what your fuel pressure is at. So to answer your question, the latter statement is the most true.

• Sponsors (?)

Should I have fuel pressure if the pump is off? If I leave the pump running I have pressure but once the key is off, there is none.

Not necessarily. Generally these cars hold pressure for a little while after being shut off but not always. For instance, some aftermarket FPR's bleed pressure down almost immediately. A bad check valve in the tank can cause pressure to bleed off quickly as well.

Well I figured it out finally. I have a superchip and I dont know if its computer specific or if it got fried along with the A9L but I took it out and the fuel pump worked fine. It cranked and idled fine like before. Runs ok but no power. Dont know why I didnt think of this sooner. I guess now Im looking at a reburn for the superchip or going with a SCT multiprogram or TwEECer. Any ideas?