Fuel system recommendations for 600hp

Freebird88

Jan 25, 2021
Nebraska
Looking for advice on fuel lines, rails or kits available for my 04 GT. Engine was rebuilt with forged internals and supercharged to 420hp a few years ago. Now I'm finally putting in a T56 magnum and upping the boost to get to 600 hp.

The only fuel component I have bought for now are 80 lb injectors. There are so many posts (mostly old ones) about the best fuel pumps but it's looking like I need to upgrade everything and not just the pump to get to 600hp.
Preferably I'd like to find a kit that has pump, bigger lines, rails, etc similar to this:
On 3 Performance 1987 – 2004 Mustang Return Style Fuel System – E85 Compatible | On3Performance

But does anyone else have any suggestions? I didn't think I would be spending $1000 alone on fuel components so maybe someone has a list already of recommended parts to buy. Also curious if you guys think I need a baffled fuel tank.
Any help is appreciated because I only know a little about fuel systems

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Once upon a time I hit 524rwhp on the dyno with an exhausted D1SC. Fuel mods were stock rails, 60lb injectors, stock lines, stock FPDM, Aviator single pump, and a KB BAP. Fuel pressure and duty cycle was great.

It all comes down to what you'll be satisfied with. Are you going to stop at 600? Are you going to eventually want more?

At the very least, you're going to need a bigger pump with a BAP. Your rails and lines will suffice but will be at their limits.

That’s interesting! I’ve heard the stock rails and lines are really only good for up to 500hp. I do plan to stop at 600-700hp though with this car. I was hoping to get away without having to use a BAP and maybe use twin cobra pumps instead. Also I like the baffled cobra fuel tank

That’s interesting! I’ve heard the stock rails and lines are really only good for up to 500hp. I do plan to stop at 600-700hp though with this car. I was hoping to get away without having to use a BAP and maybe use twin cobra pumps instead. Also I like the baffled cobra fuel tank

Twins would work without a BAP