Exhaust Fuel Trim 2012 Mustang Gt

ZorBeast

Aug 3, 2015
First post here so please give me a break ;)!

Background, I bought a 2012 mustang GT from a dealer, the car was a one owner. I have enjoyed the car for the past year until April the New York State inspection became due. In New York we have to pass all the emissions. That is where the problem started, the o2s and the o2h are "pending". I have been driving the car off and on including in the city for hours and still won't register. I took it to the dealer who hooked it to the computer several times and who also put over 75 miles on the car. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong either. I have an OBDII scanner and started looking down the live data. I see STFT B1 S2 and STFT B2 S2 are listed as NA. So I did a little research and found this indicates the fuel trim info from the o2 sensor. Did the previous owner have the car tuned shutting off the rear o2 sensor? Does the 2012 mustang GT not use these settings?

Btw I did a few mods but have put all the stock parts back in and reset the data.

• Sponsors (?)

Ran up to the dealer after work the managers were :poo: didn't want to talk at all. Managed to catch a tech going back to work and said that is either to cover an engine code or for a re map of the computer.

The front o2s are the only ones that give full trim info. The rear ones measure catalyst efficiency. If they are coming up as n/a in live data it could mean they were tuned out but there would be no reason to do so unless there was a off road mid pipe with no cats, or someone had them removed. The dealer should have figured that one out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk