Full length headers CHEAP , ceramic coated for $347 bucks , same design as Hookers

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
www.summitracing.com
Flowtech and Hooker and both owned by holley now , I just talked to a tech and they said the headers are the same design , even the slip fit off road xpipe is the same

Flowtech ceramic part number 12115-1FLT
painted ones are 12115FLT are only $227
matching xpipe is 12115YFLT not available in ceramic $93

Anybody that doesn't want to order from summit , take the part numbers to your nearest advance or discount auto parts store , they will price match on these parts and can get them through there special order dept. in 7 to 10 business days . Summit has free shipping though . Jegs might carry them too but you would have to call them . Just thought since I am the resident parts guy around here always looking for the best deals to help others , I thought I would share my latest find .

• Sponsors (?)

summitracing.com
they add a prefix the the part number , you can go to manufacturers search and click on flowtech and enter part number or here is there part numbers with the prefix

BIG-12115-1FLT ceramics
BIG-12115FLT painted
BIG-12115YFLT xpipe

The 96 one I listed seems to be a different part number. I looked all over the flowtech website, but could not find anything about 96-04 headers. Maybe some one just needs to call them and find out.

Sweet...my question has always been how hard would it be to make a prochamber or dr. gas X to match hooker headers. I know eventually hooker headers is what i want and if these are the same exact headers thats what ill get. I also need to find a shop that wont charge outrageous prices for installation.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Sweet...my question has always been how hard would it be to make a prochamber or dr. gas X to match hooker headers. I know eventually hooker headers is what i want and if these are the same exact headers thats what ill get. I also need to find a shop that wont charge outrageous prices for installation.

kirkyg

holley owns flowtech and hooker , I talked to a tech and he laughed when i asked him if they were the same header , he said yes they are the same design , same headers and xpipe

2002BLGT said:
holley owns flowtech and hooker , I talked to a tech and he laughed when i asked him if they were the same header , he said yes they are the same design , same headers and xpipe
This sounds too good to be true, for this price i could either cut my pipe and make these headers fit my Magnaflow or just sell that and pay less than $100 to get LT's.. :shrug: just me or does it seem like theres a catch just waiting to be found.. If not ill be sooo happy i might have to start dancing :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Except someone needs to post instructions on how to install long tubes...then half of you will run away hehehe. Thats the thing thats kept me from it. I probably could get help from a buddy who has some equipment but its like 6 hour job minimum and probably more like a days work if you haven't done it before. It also is very expensive to have a shop do it. $500+ labor to do it and you might as well have the k-member done at the same time.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Except someone needs to post instructions on how to install long tubes...then half of you will run away hehehe. Thats the thing thats kept me from it. I probably could get help from a buddy who has some equipment but its like 6 hour job minimum and probably more like a days work if you haven't done it before. It also is very expensive to have a shop do it. $500+ labor to do it and you might as well have the k-member done at the same time.

kirkyg
Yah, a buddy of mine can get me on the military base down here so i will have access to a lift and a full line of tools, with three people i hope to have it done within 6 hours.. We shall see i guess

WhiteDevil69 said:
This sounds too good to be true, for this price i could either cut my pipe and make these headers fit my Magnaflow or just sell that and pay less than $100 to get LT's.. :shrug: just me or does it seem like theres a catch just waiting to be found.. If not ill be sooo happy i might have to start dancing :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

No catch , I wish I had waited now too , I went BBK cost me over 900 for catted X and ceramic headers

Get some before and after dyno's with that kenne bell too. Also, does anyone have sound of different midpipes with the long tubes? I know the long tubes make you jizz everytime you drive but i wanted to see how the x and flowmasters sounds. I'm afraid it'll still have that rasp too it which i can't handle. I really wanted to hear a prochamber and long tubes (loses load thinking about it).

kirkyg