Funky Smell, Cant Figure it out

drunkinamustang

Apr 2, 2004
tx
ok after I put on my bbk long tube ceramic coater headers, x-pipe with hi-flo cats and flowmaster cat back, when my car heats up it has a smell of rotten eggs or natural gas, the only thing I can figure is the ceramic coating when it gets hot, I checked everywhere looking for anything on my pipes and they are clean. anyone else had this problem or know where the smell is comming from?

• Sponsors (?)

When I put my LT's, o/r h, and flowmasters on I noticed a very distinct smell from my exhaust... Just something you gotta learn how to live with but it shouldnt be as bad because you still have cats on your car.

i think it is the cats. thats the smell most give off when they arent doing their job properly. i got my LT's, o/r h and flows on too and all i smell is the sweet smell of unburnt hydrocarbons...mmmmmmm

SN95StangMan said:
My exhaust had a bad smell when I first put it on. I was real fun at stop lights, :notnice:. It eventually stopped after a few days though.
Yours stopped? Mine still smells... I feel sorry for the people behind me, especially motorcycles :D