fuse keeps blowing

thorror

Dec 18, 2009
I am having a hell of a time finding out why my fuse keeps blowing. I just purchased my stang a few months back and it has been great. one day it blew a fuse that ran the speedo the clock the door bells and the dome light so i put a 30 in place of it that worked great for a few days then it started smoking so i pulled the fuse. took my cd player out to check the wiring for the 1st time in this car and its wired perfect not a bad ground or conection anywhere i also tested a new fuse while the cd player was unhooked it still blows it. ive checked the door locking wiring harnesses they look fine. anyone got any leads to solve this problem ? also i have been thinking about goin to uti down here in nc and doing the ford f.a.c.t thing but i have heard that its all a bunch of **** so could anyone give me some advice as to if its worth the while going there or not

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talking about fuse 8, which calls for a 15 amp fuse? In any case, never ever install a higher rated fuse. The fuse protects the wiring and a larger fuse can allow the wiring to catch on fire.

You can disconnect everything on the circuit. Then install the appropriately rated fuse (or circuit breaker) and start reconnecting the items on that fuse until the fuse blows.

A little more info about exactly which fuse you're talking about would help us suggest the most likely culprits. Here's a diagram for reference

Good luck.

yeah that 30 amper was a car fire waiting to happen, the only thing you can do it what was said allready, disconnect everyrhing and start reconnecting, and it might be worst now that the big fuse was in there,could've melted some other wires that werent before.