Future 393ci 425hp "cobra classic" crate engine to be installed in my "90GT!!!

FastGT50Stang

Sep 19, 2005
Chicago
Future 393ci 425hp "cobra classic" crate engine to be installed in my "90GT!!!PICS!!!

:SNSign:
attachment.php

What do you guys think about this "cobra classic" engine?
Basically everything you see there for about 9000 bucks!
Not to sure if the headers come with that, but i'm sure if i ask it can be done.

This assembly cranks out over 425-450hp and 455 TQ, CAN ONE IMAGINE WHAT THAT WOULD LIKE IN A FOX-BODY??:lol: :nice:

TOTALLY SICK..........

Attachments

• cobra_motor.gif
    cobra_motor.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 356
  • Sponsors (?)

you could build one hell of a motor for 9k, and it would walk that one and still have a few grand left. You could even build a more mild one and supercharge it and still make more power. 9k would buy a dart based stroker....

aleborjas said:
do you have a big pic of your car? the one in your avatar!

I don't have a pic of my car on my computer, i don't have a digital camera, but i'm hopefully going to get one maybe for Christmas. . . it'll be in storage throughout the winter and i hope to do some suspension mods, brakes, wheels and tires.

ABout that motor, i don't know, i totally see where you guys are coming from, but building up a whole complete system involves some money as well :
I mean, i did and still thinkin' about doing the following if i don't have 9grand to blow!

-new block 331ci probably
-victor jr. heads, probe pistons, rings, connecting rods, writst pins, probe industries hydraulic roller camshaft, etc.
-MSD ignition
-Aeromotive complete fuel system which runs about 1000-1400 dollars depending on how high rate of hp i'll be running
-Complete cooling system including hoses, high performance/cooling radiator w/ 2 electric cooling fans; the kit is aroung 1000 dollars from, i think coolblueperformance

also..like all the minor mods...oil pan, and i forgot to list upper and lower intake manifolds- $600

So, i'll see what happens, i just wanted to know basically what all you guys would do with that much money! :SNSign:

I spent around the same money and have the following: 418 cubic inch windsor, eagle 4340 crank/H-beams, custom JE pistons, TFS "R" heads, Super victor intake, 1000cfm demon carb, custom hydro roller, ect...................................581 flywheel horspower, 539 flywheel ft lbs of torque. All said and done, in the car with new fuel,exhaust,and ignition with all the other little odds and ends was over 9k. However a shakedown, shortshifted pass at [email protected] was well worth it. Now that I have an auto in the car 10's out of the gate next year should be no problem. Do some research before you spend. Good luck.
mike.

5.0 HOtrain said:
I spent around the same money and have the following: 418 cubic inch windsor, eagle 4340 crank/H-beams, custom JE pistons, TFS "R" heads, Super victor intake, 1000cfm demon carb, custom hydro roller, ect...................................581 flywheel horspower, 539 flywheel ft lbs of torque. All said and done, in the car with new fuel,exhaust,and ignition with all the other little odds and ends was over 9k. However a shakedown, shortshifted pass at [email protected] was well worth it. Now that I have an auto in the car 10's out of the gate next year should be no problem. Do some research before you spend. Good luck.
mike.

NICE!!!!!! that's huge; 418ci....sounds like a good setup you have, especially since you'll be running 10s on the quarter mile...that's basically the only thing i want in my stang....is to make it as fast as yours..thats' sick!!:nice:

I spent about $8500 for mine and just putting it in next week! Took me all this year starting in March. I have a Forged Eagle crank, Forged H-beam Eagle rods and Forged SRP pistons. I built the long block alone for about $4000 and the other $4500 went on all the other stuff, Trans-rebuild, Torque converter, Control arms, injectors, intake, radiator, fuel pump, valve covers, water pump, exhaust, new mass air meter, TB etc..... So for $9000 grand on just a motor I would say is too much.

Rick 91GT said:
I agree for that kind of money you could get a lot more....power, reliabilty, and durability.
:OT:

Rick, been along time since I've frequented the board nice to see the site and buisness coming along nicely for you. How's the motor coming? I see the chassis is all set, nice job:nice: My car is mostly unchanged. I finally got you're torque box support in, did the aeromotive fp controller. Oh, it's also got a C4 in it now along with a 3:08 rear gear until I can afford a gear vendors for it.
Mike.