FYI - Fiberglass Body Parts/Kit - Do it urslefers

For the "Do-it-Urselfers" I think that includes all of us here.
I just have a little heads up on the whole scenerio of putting on the Fiberglass parts. ... Fiberglass = PINTA!!!!
Ur looking at tons of time fitting parts ..no matter how good the supplier is. Ever car is slightly different.
You'll expect lots of time Test fitting, Marking, and cutting...then fitting again, markiing, then cutting. You may even need to add some spots. Then when you get it to fit...expect time with a sanding block sanding out the high spots and add glaze to the lows.
-ALWAYS have someone helping you...the extra person is needed to help with the F/R Bumpers...holding basically.

BTW ...im currently adding a Black Widow kit to my 95.... i'll update on how it goes... So far the F/B Bumps are off, sideskirts off, and im workin on fitting the sideskirts.
Hopefully I'll be happy with it when im done!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Tell me about it.. I went through more, working with these Saleen urethane parts. I would say most body kits require some fitting and work, to match up. I don't know of a kit that would simply bolt right up, and not need any sanding, or filling...

Ya... so i've heard that the urethane is more of a PINTA to work with...how'd ur stuff turn out btw??? i remember the post after you had the red car painted up but not all the way back together... and am i correct, were you puttin twin T's on that???

xkuntrycowboyx said:
Ya... so i've heard that the urethane is more of a PINTA to work with...how'd ur stuff turn out btw??? i remember the post after you had the red car painted up but not all the way back together... and am i correct, were you puttin twin T's on that???

I got a full cervinis urethane body kit and only the front bumper needed minor sanding from extra mold stuff. Everything fits like a champ too. I put on many fiberglass kits though and nothing fit. There were instances where I had to cut side skirts in half becuase they were just to long.

Ya...about the cuttng... it's really cute because i have to cut my right side... because it's too SHORT! ... i went to fit it and was like WTF...ha.. it needs like a 1/4in :rolleyes: ..oh well, i know how to fiberglass, so it's not a be deal for me.
Oink when that red car gets on the list again, snap some more shots...cuz the others are all gone now ... :notnice: