FYI Pinks episode airs tonight

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
The Pinks episode where our forum/club guys built our '87 coupe and won beating out a big block Camaro on a 300 shot airs tonight on Speed. It's also available for download FREE on iTunes.

• Sponsors (?)

stangnet built an 87 coupe? Link?

stangbangerz not stangnet.

238104901.jpg
[/QUOTE]

265462575.jpg

:nice:

fyi - at 9:30 my info says the episode is supposed to come on... but we're ten minutes in and there's no mustang... just a truck and what appears to be a camaro or ta.. (haven't seen enough of it to judge..)

First off, it is an early 70's 351 block. It is .040 over, with a 3.85" stroker scat crank, which makes it a 396. Probe donated the pistons, which are forged SRS units with 28 cc dish I believe, but have to check that one out. It came out to 8.7 to one compression for the turbo. It has both valve reliefs in the pistons for twisted wedge and inline valves. The rings are a hellfire style ring in 1.5 mm top and second, with a 3mm oil ring. Again, this is from memory and if I put anything up here wrong I will correct it on down in the thread. I used a set of H beam rods, 5.95" long with clevite bearings on both mains and rods.
On the block I had it align honed with the girdle on it, decked and then bored and torque plate honed to fit the pistons. I specd the piston to wall a little looser because we didn't know how hard we were going to lean on it.
I also had the assembly balanced to 28 oz. I won't go into to many of the specifics of the clearances I use.
I blueprinted the engine, and whoever ends up buying the car will get those.

took from sbz

If i remember right it's somewhere around 80-90mm. I know the car runs low low 9s and probably has high 8s in it with more tuning. It was a rush built car for a deadline so there's still wrinkles that could be ironed out.

Well for what it's worth the other guys were lying their asses off about that Camaro only being a 10.50 car. I bet it runs 10.50 on all motor. If it doesn't then they didn't build the engine right.