FYI to anyone new to the hobby...

hungrymonkey

White by Birth, Trash By Choice
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Oregon.
Do not take your car apart, then wait 6 years before putting it back together.
Especially if you are going to move several times during that six years.

I have buckets and buckets of bolts and fasteners. I also have no clue what I had not finished before moving it last time. :doh:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, I kind of took a pass on that...

The plus side, I have everything needed to put it back together. The downside is that I do not know which coffee can its in.

Do not take your car apart, then wait 6 years before putting it back together.
Especially if you are going to move several times during that six years.

I have buckets and buckets of bolts and fasteners. I also have no clue what I had not finished before moving it last time. :doh:

Feel your pain. Even worse is my painter took my Lincoln Continental apart. Tons and Tons of pieces and I have no idea where to even start. Had to get the car back cause he was a total flake.

About to sell the car for parts or project at this point, totally lost all interest in it. Really sucks too cause I have about 5000 in it just with suspension and re-chrome.

I am tackling a few projects at the moment. I figured I would complete my truck first, since it should be the easy one. Then move onto the 67, then the 73.

I had to move the 67 out of the garage and under the carport. I needed some room for the donor for my truck. While I was cleaning out the junk in the garage, I was sorting through the parts and trying to figure out what went to what. I believe that I located everything that goes to the 67.

I am budgeting 2 months for the truck project. Which should leave me plenty of time during the dry months for the 67.

Oh, and I was able to get the interior stripped on the 67. I am at the point of starting over with the body and exterior. Depending on how well the truck goes, I will know if I can do the paint and body work by myself. I have the tools, just need to get my feet wet with them.

I do need to buy a compressor though. Its on my list of stuff to buy in the next month or so.

forgot to mention how I ended up at this point.

2003. 67's suspension rebuilt, granada swapped, engine rebuilt. I got out of the service and was towing it back to home of record. Truck broke down and engine swapped out of mustang into truck. I get back to Oregon and move in with my parents with my wife and 1 child. I could not find a job, so I go back to school, mustang put on hold due to funds and time.

2004. still in school, minimal work done on car. Found Mach 1 for really good price.

2005. School complete, moved into my own place with my wife and 1 child. Bought truck for crazy low price ($150). Use truck to move into new place. I found a job and start working. Get very little done on 67. Replaced lower control arms.

2006. Truck runs perfect, upgraded to 4bbl carb aind intake. Making progress on 67. About this time I find out that my wife is pregnant. We move into a bigger place using $150 truck (best car investment I have made). a few months later, I find out that wife is pregnant with twins. I start working overtime to prepare for kids, 67 falls by the wayside. I find a different job that is across the state. That job ends up not working out. I waste 2 months of time and end up returning to my previous job.

2007. Wife has twins, no time for anything. No sleep, no cars, no money. (twins are expensive).

2008. Buy a house with a huge lot, move into house with $150 truck. Get all my projects into one spot. Takes the rest of the year to adjust budget for mortgage. I do start getting minimal work done on the car. Although its hampered by mystery bolts, unlabeled coffee cans, etc.

2009. Kids are getting older, and easier to take care of. Working on car during my spare time. Windshield wipers break on my truck. (it rains alot in Oregon).

2010. Where I am at now. I need to finish up my projects.

I see josh on my MS messenger all the time. I havent talked to him in years though. IIRC, Last I heard, he sold the stang, and bought a fairly rough 80s truck.

He was from western Canada, so its a possibility. :D

I see josh on my MS messenger all the time. I havent talked to him in years though. IIRC, Last I heard, he sold the stang, and bought a fairly rough 80s truck.

Was that '69 Mustang sold or just another unwilling victim of that unexplained string of mysterious LP Gas explosions?
:rolleyes:

Waitaminute.... isn't that the '85 F150, powered by propane and rust? The one with the 1/2-inch drive ratchet poking through the windshield? I'm pretty sure he had that at the same time as his '69....:shrug:

Josh is on Windows Live (MSN) Messenger? Jeeze, something like that might just lead me to firing that dude up now and then; just to see what he's up to!