G-Tech?

Mach428

Dec 7, 2003
I was just wondering if any of you had a G-Tech, if so I have a couple of questions. Is it acurate? Is it hard to install? How much was it? Where did you buy it?

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen them on ebay for about 40 bucks. They are fairly accurate, but don't go around saying, "I ran a XX.XX@XXmph!" or someone will call you out on it. I hear they're fun to mess with though!

The newer models are very accurate, but the trap speeds are not. Idon't know about the old model, they aren't temp. compensated and they only have two axis not three. So I wouldn't thinkthey are as good but both the new and old version will give you an idea of how much you gained from a mod.

I bought my Gtech Comp at a local speed shop, since I'm in Canada it Cost me ~$400. It would have been around ~$250 US.

You can get the old ones on ebay for $36. I like mine for a general idea, but I wouldn't consider it to be EXTREMELY accurate. Maybe I'll try it out tomorrow night when I go to the track... see how accurate it REALLY is ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Mach428 said:
I was just wondering if any of you had a G-Tech, if so I have a couple of questions. Is it acurate? Is it hard to install? How much was it? Where did you buy it?

To answer your questions.....it is fairly accurate, if you get the pro-competition model. I don't know about the base model (but it is considerably cheaper) The install is EXTREMELY hard.......just plug it into the cigarette lighter, mount on windshield and go. Just like a radar detector. I got mine for $249 from jegs