gas cap part where to buy?

hello all im in need of the sealing assembly that seals a pop-open gas cap.The piece that seals the cap to filler neck is missing where can i buy replacement.See pic below,its the whole assy i need the spring/rubber gasket and retainer bolt.he Thanks javed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/boss_302/shelbygascap.jpg

Attachments

• shelbygascap.jpg
    shelbygascap.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Sponsors (?)

Also, most repro pop-open caps come with a regular cap to use under the pop-open part. It is not recommended to use that setup because it did a poor job of sealing. The caps come with the parts you are talking about but are unassembled and recommended for show cars only.

I just put the pop-open cap assembly on the convertible and didn't use the parts you're talking about due to the aforementioned safety concerns -- it just doesn't seal well and I guess there were some leakage/fire? issues back in the day. It's not recommended to rely on that mechanism for sealing on a car that will be driven.

Anyway, if you still want the parts, I have them. Email me.

-Pete

reenmachine said:
I just put the pop-open cap assembly on the convertible and didn't use the parts you're talking about due to the aforementioned safety concerns -- it just doesn't seal well and I guess there were some leakage/fire? issues back in the day. It's not recommended to rely on that mechanism for sealing on a car that will be driven.

Anyway, if you still want the parts, I have them. Email me.

-Pete
hello pete is there anything else that i can use like a slimline twist on cap i think will be alot safer ,just need to find one that fits inside the pop-open cap like the one in the pic any help would be appreciated.thanks javed

Attachments

• 2083417_7_full.jpg
    2083417_7_full.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 127
boss_302 said:
hello pete is there anything else that i can use like a slimline twist on cap i think will be alot safer ,just need to find one that fits inside the pop-open cap like the one in the pic any help would be appreciated.thanks javed
The cap in that pic is just like the one I'm using. It came with the pop-open assembly, so I wouldn't know where to get it seperately. Auto parts stores usually carry an assortment of replacement caps though.