gas filler tube

pimpstang18

Sep 22, 2004
FL
i had to replace the filler tube grommet on a 2000 3.8....pulled the tank, to do this but that was a pain (she had just filled it up, messy) and the filler tube has no slack and does not bend even after disconnecting the fuel and vaccuum lines from it.

well apparently i was too rough with it and once i got it back together we tried to put gas in it and it just keeps stopping the pump, we can pump for about 2 seconds at a time and fill the tank slowley but this is annoying....i'm thinking that there was a valve at the end of the filler tube that i accidently messed up so it's not opening all the way. didn't really take a good look at it when it was out......does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? prefferably without pulling the tank again...thanks

a picture of a removed filler tube would be helpful also because like i said i didn't really take a good look at it while it was out, but i do remember a spring which was probably part of a valve system. just wondering if it is something i can remove and unjam or if i'll have to buy a new filler tube.

• Sponsors (?)