Gas going up to $4.00+!? (Katrina)

• Sponsors (?)

Paul, in this show that you saw, did they predict anything about the gas getting back to reasonable prices anytime soon? I don't give a damn what happens with gas, I hope the damn car companies don't do what they did 30 years ago and get rid of muscle power. Well, at least I won't get rid of my mustang.

On the show, gas got up to like $6.00 a gallon (I think it actually got higher than that , but can't remember for sure), we drained our reserves, a tanker collided with another due to over crouding in Texas ports (because NO was closed), people were fighting at the gas stations, truckers went on strike (stores running out of food, ect.), terrorists blew up a main line in the middle east that cut production from there, the US ended up being in a bidding war with China for available oil imports, and our entire economy was on the brink of a collapse larger than the great depression. In the end, everything got back on line, and I think it showed gas prices of just over $3.00, and the country was finally relieved :( .
Brandon

I don't know how reliable this is because Quiktrip usually changes their prices around 8:00PM, but I heard an employee telling another employee to go out and fill up his car because it was going up .30 at noon. Anyone have an increase already?
Brandon

Well, it didn't happen at noon. I didn't really think it would, because like I said, they always adjust their price in the evening. I'm curious to see what number goes up there tonight though for sure.
Brandon

Federal government issues statement (in southern states caause of katrina) that anyone caught in the act of price gouging will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I'm in northwest Alabama and we are supposed to get hit head on late tonight and tom. No gas price jumps anywhere around here.

87 yesterday afternoon = $2.56 (lines out to the street at every gas station)
87 after 8:00PM last night = $2.69
87 right now (I just watched a price change) = $2.79, 93 = $2.95
Brandon

edit: I'm going to look at a 96 Probe GT this weekend. 26mpg on the highway :nice:

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Isnt this what killed the muscle cars back in the 70s early 80s? Is history repeating itself already? Looks like it was a bad time to start making making factory 450+ hp cars....

The muscle cars now have the technoligy to be good on gas. Its the big suv trucks that get shi tty mileage and use tons of gas. And putting on those "hot" 24" wheels isn't helping either ;) Good thing my 12mpg car isn't my daily driver. I can't complain since my saturn uses $16 worth of gas a week :)

lol well the demand is gonna go down a bit since a city is out, u would think that would help relieve a bit, im all the way in cali im not to worried, whatever happens, happens. unless ur aiding in some campaigning/legislation u really shouldn't complain as it will get ya nowhere,hehe... id say u skip the probe and just find a lil CRX HF or Metro, ..26mpg on freeway isn't much greater then the 24mpg were rated at atleast stock

Yeah, but the wifey will be driving the probe instead of the 13mpg ($75+ to fill up) Expedition :D . I'm looking at a 4 cylinder Probe too, so we'll see. Oh, and if there is ever a Honda in my driveway it's someone else that forgot they were supposed to park in the street :flag:
Brandon

one station by me was 2.57 at 5:00 when I went by and 3.01 at 6:00 when my wife went by...

I got gas for 2.77 full serve this am and she was saying that she heard another .15 increase today....

OUCH....