gas is $4 here, is any one here grandma shift ?

Killa

Jul 9, 2007
Gas price here is just going up crazy, I saw it went up 10-15 cent every weekent, I alway fill up on monday night, any way for me by saving gas is shift early and keep rpm low, Im grandma shift every gear and Im getting use to it :D. those import pass me and I just ignore them :nice:. is every one here grandma shift ? I mean shift low rpm ?

• Sponsors (?)

tech? :scratch:

DSC00232.jpg

With the may my auto trans is programmed - I can control the shift points with the level of acceleration on the gas pedal. I've been trying my hardest, when I'm not in a hurry, to let off the gas and let it upshift as much as possible to keep it in that 2000RPM sweet spot. This was much easier before I had my 3.73's put in and I've noticed about a 2mpg drop in fuel economy since getting the gears installed. Most of that loss probably takes place on the highway because :queue van halen: I can't drive 55.

Unfortunately no. My drivng habits at $4/gal are the same as when they were $1/gal.

I hold each gear to 3000RPM and shift and tend to roll on the gas often.

I go through $100/week in fuel...but drive about 400-450 miles per week...so i guess i average 4-5 miles per $1

Ensure that your car is properly tuned up.

My auto gets any where from 23-27 mpg depending on how much stop and go I do.

Keep your car cleaned and waxed

Inflate tires to 42 psi.

I also could care less if a minivan blows my doors off at a stop light. They are the loser in the minivan, not me. If I wanted to beat them, I could.

I save the power for when I need it, like the mush skull who thought he wasn't going to let me in on the highway this morning. I dropped the hammer and left both him and his red neck buddy in the dust.

Ensure that your car is properly tuned up.

My auto gets any where from 23-27 mpg depending on how much stop and go I do.

Keep your car cleaned and waxed

Inflate tires to 42 psi.

I also could care less if a minivan blows my doors off at a stop light. They are the loser in the minivan, not me. If I wanted to beat them, I could.

I save the power for when I need it, like the mush skull who thought he wasn't going to let me in on the highway this morning. I dropped the hammer and left both him and his red neck buddy in the dust.

that great tip, but my tire say max press is 44, im using 35 now. manual say I should use 30 !!! wat should I use ?

mythbusters did a test with the windows down on a car, compared to one with the windows up and a/c on, and the car with the a/c did better, of course it was obeying the highway speed limit which is 65/70 mph

but obviously, its gonna get even better milage with the a/c off and windows up.

then you will be freaking wet and stinky :rlaugh:

when im at red light today, their is old beat up ford truck, right next to me and he look at me and rev the **** out off his POS cut off pipe, when the light turn green, he floor it and it barely move :rlaugh:. I just 1.5k shift still beat him :rlaugh:. I just dont understand how people just unhook their pipe between the cat, and run it like that :notnice:, and make their car have that POS sound, why they just dont get a better muffler for it, louder but sound good.:shrug: