gas is $4 here, is any one here grandma shift ?

I thought were talking about gas here?

Ya I did, im saying is, im at the red light, their is old POS beat up truck running just header next to me, he rev the **** out off his truck, when the light turn green, i just grandma shift, and his truck is barely move :rlaugh:. I not try to race him or any thing, i just normal shift and drive normal and still ahead of him.

• Sponsors (?)

that great tip, but my tire say max press is 44, im using 35 now. manual say I should use 30 !!! wat should I use ?

Manuals are created to give your GT that squishy ride, ask all of the Explorer people who ran on under inflated tires per bfusa and with the gas tank on that side of the vehicle causing the tire to overheat, tread loss and possible death. Ford tried to blame it on Firestone, except they left out the part were the replacement tires were losing tread as well; way to go Ford.

I listen to the tire manufacture, not the company who can't design a proper weight distrubution per vehicle and has people under-inflate tires because of it.

If you're at 35 psi I would go to 40 allowing some room for warm temperature expansion.

All tires are not created equal and running higher pressures requires you to monitor tread wear as well.

I run my wifes 4x4 boxy Xterra at 42 psi and I get just under 24 mpg out of it.

When it comes to a customer car, I review both tire and automotive recommendation for legal reasons. If they ask how to get better mpg, I tell them what I have seen others do, but for legals reasons, if they want to do it, they will have to do it themselves.

I also bellmouthed my stock throttle body on my GT.

I got 27mpg highway with 35psi in my tires. I can't imagine getting better mileage than that by increasing air pressure to 40 or more psi. I shift at 4,000RPM. I don't drive my Mach that much though. Yeah, I thought the same thing. $4 for Premium? Hell, that's a steal of a deal. It's $4.55 for 92 grade here.

I wish we had prices like that! We are $5.00+/gallon up in Canada. Consider yourselves luckier than us, Americans.

us dollar or canada dollar ? gas here 10 cent up every friday and saturday and sunday. I dont know if this really help or not, but I did pay $67 on monday and fill it full ( cause it was 3.83 that day :nice:), I run it alot and it seem my gas meter is still full even after couple day, but if I fill half tank my gas meter go down faster, but if I fill it full it will stay their even couple day later. I guess fill the tank full will save you gas ( even I think it will make the car heavy, and use more gas ), but I think fill full tank is help me save gas.

us dollar or canada dollar ? gas here 10 cent up every friday and saturday and sunday. I dont know if this really help or not, but I did pay $67 on monday and fill it full ( cause it was 3.83 that day :nice:), I run it alot and it seem my gas meter is still full even after couple day, but if I fill half tank my gas meter go down faster, but if I fill it full it will stay their even couple day later. I guess fill the tank full will save you gas ( even I think it will make the car heavy, and use more gas ), but I think fill full tank is help me save gas.

:rlaugh: the gauge is off. it isnt burning gas any more b/c you have a half tank.

I run it alot and it seem my gas meter is still full even after couple day, but if I fill half tank my gas meter go down faster, but if I fill it full it will stay their even couple day later. I guess fill the tank full will save you gas ( even I think it will make the car heavy, and use more gas ), but I think fill full tank is help me save gas.

It's just how Ford gas gauges work.

When the tank is full, it takes a while for the needle to respond....but when it does, the needle drops like a rock.

My Mustang is the same way. Fill the tank and i can drive 3-4 days and it will never move. Then as soon as it comes off FULL, the needle drops like a rock.