Gas Mileage anybody?

Nate14120

Oct 26, 2003
Ok, my car is lightly modded(shown below). Lately, I've been getting 14-16 mpg. That is all in-town driving. Anybody else in that range? I usually shift at 3k for normal driving. Is that two high? or do hammer it too often?

• Sponsors (?)

Before the longtubes, i'd get around 25mpg. The key is to have the heat and air conditioning off and keep it on cruise control. If you vary speed or have the accessories on (mainly the air conditioning), the mpg will go down.

My '99, bone stock except for a drop-in K&N and removed air silencer, got close the 30 running the a/c and the top down. The worst it ever got was 27 and change. Lock it in cruise around 68-9 mph and roll. I am very conservative when I drive to New Jersey from Toledo.

As I stated before, the '03 is down quite a bit on the e-way.

:flag: :nice:

usually around 18 around town, can get close to 25 on the highway...well, thats if im driving nicely

i enjoy the performance of my car a few times each time i take it out...its not fun until you top 3500!

Hmmm, I have been clocking 18-19 around town (even with 4.10) but that is when I am just driving it lightly. In those cases, I pretty much just use 2nd, 3rd, 5th. My best on "mostly" highway was 25.2 MPG. I am running rich according to my A/F on the dyno so I expect my mileage to go up a bit once it is tuned.