Gas PUMP ISSUE NEED HELP

ace323

Nov 19, 2005
Ok guys, i only want answers that are 100% accurate. I have a 98 gt mustang that is running a little rich on the wot. Im going to install PI heads within a month. The gas pump that i have (stock) is giving out on me. Ive checked how much the stock motorcraft one was and it was kind of expensive 400 bucks!!!(complete kit) what other brands can i go for that can run both on a stock tune and a high performance tune. Im not thinking about putting a turbo or s.c. just pi stuff. What brand and model are very reliable and a good price for my stang besides going for the expensive stock part. THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

Ok guys, i only want answers that are 100% accurate. I have a 98 gt mustang that is running a little rich on the wot. Im going to install PI heads within a month. The gas pump that i have (stock) is giving out on me. Ive checked how much the stock motorcraft one was and it was kind of expensive 400 bucks!!!(complete kit) what other brands can i go for that can run both on a stock tune and a high performance tune. Im not thinking about putting a turbo or s.c. just pi stuff. What brand and model are very reliable and a good price for my stang besides going for the expensive stock part. THANKS

well 1st off unless your car is a Calif ems car, your fuel pump asbly should be @$300.00
now as far as other pump options: you can add an external pump like the T-Rex or do an intank swap wth an Avaitor pump, @$180.00 or I have also heard of some using the SVT Focus pump, $95.00, both pumps are in stock.

Im looking for a inside tank pump

My friend told me to buy a BBK (just the pump) and install it and it would cost around 120 bucks. I heard that those pumps would probably last me just for a year and i dont want that problem. Is their any good gas pumps and realiable that i could put in the tank only i dont want any external ones. Does venom make gas pumps, or a very good brand.

My friend told me to buy a BBK (just the pump) and install it and it would cost around 120 bucks. I heard that those pumps would probably last me just for a year and i dont want that problem. Is their any good gas pumps and realiable that i could put in the tank only i dont want any external ones. Does venom make gas pumps, or a very good brand.

then just get a new one from Ford and be done wth it

Do you guys know if the 1998 gt is in a year of itself for the fuel pump? most pumps that i found were for the 1996-97 year. And do you know how much lph the stock one and what would you recommend with a tune and p.i. heads? THANKS

Do you guys know if the 1998 gt is in a year of itself for the fuel pump? most pumps that i found were for the 1996-97 year. And do you know how much lph the stock one and what would you recommend with a tune and p.i. heads? THANKS

1998 Gt's & Cobra's are a year by themselves, price on a 1998 pump & sender is $287.69 + shipping for a NON-Calf ems, think there ratted at @150lph and that should be fine for a Pi-headed swap car