gas stuck under carpet, need help

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
so i was driving home from school and layed it on the floor for a few seconds, when i let off to shift up it was redlining so i somehow immediatly knew what happened and turned the key off, reached down pulled the gas up and turned back on. the only problem is my tach needle ran itself into my steering column and is stuck there. 8k rpm ish. how do i get the dash apart to get the needle unstuck. what happens when i do, will it work again or do i have to reset it. i had to drive it with the needle stuck so is something stripped. i need help guys. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

you will have to take the bezel out and see if you can take the plastic gauge cover off. Maby you can unstick it from 8K but daumn that would have been scarry. I know you can buy gauge inserts so that means you should be able to get to the bare gauges (needels). You might of broke somthing but you can always find gauges on ebay pretty cheap.

the needle just moves from magnetic fields. so it went past the 180 degree mark and got stuck on that side of the circle it makes. the magnetic field was still pulling it back to zero, but on the wrong side of the circle.... get it?

you didn't break anything, and i wouldn't be surprised if simply revving your engine up to the rev limiter really quick wouldn't have cured it easier.

watch out for those floor mats mang, they're bitches