Gauge Cluster Overlay Slipped?

Imatk

Apr 17, 2005
I've had this issue for a while and wondered if anyone else had this problem and maybe knows a fix?

My turn signals on the left look almost double... as if the overlay/backing has slid away from the hole for the light or something.

How difficult is it to fix this... or is it fixable?

I've had the cluster our before to fix the anti-slosh module so I can take it out, just never got past that really.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Will do... the anti-slosh module is a little card that often goes bad and causes the fuel gauge to read incorrectly... the needle either bounces (because of the sloshing in the gas tank) or it just doesn't read at all which is what happened in my case.

Will do... the anti-slosh module is a little card that often goes bad and causes the fuel gauge to read incorrectly... the needle either bounces (because of the sloshing in the gas tank) or it just doesn't read at all which is what happened in my case.
Mine will read full sometimes when I first start it up, then settles down to reality after a few minutes. Where is it located? Just wander'n, test on friday.

Heres a picture

Attachments

• IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    482.1 KB · Views: 141
Ok, thanks, do they all have one mine is an 89, i want to ace the test on friday, sorry for the hijack, waiting on pics of the indicator problem.

87 through 93 model years have an anti-slosh module. I am not sure if the later models do or not.

Are you having fuel gauge problems? I have a test path for troubleshooting the fuel tank quantity gauge.

87 through 93 model years have an anti-slosh module. I am not sure if the later models do or not.

Are you having fuel gauge problems? I have a test path for troubleshooting the fuel tank quantity gauge.
Only tic it has is sometime on cold startup it will read past full and after driving a few minutes it will stabilize, pretty acurate really.

Only tic it has is sometime on cold startup it will read past full and after driving a few minutes it will stabilize, pretty acurate really.

Ok, looking at the back of the cluster where the bulb plugs in beween the bulb and the gauge face, there is a foam like gasget that seals the edges of the square tunnel where the turn signal tint chip (for lack of a better word) is, like mustang5L5 says, that 'chip' has separated causing a halo effect, you will need to pull the cluster and then separate the plastic lens from the cluster itself, you will see if the 'chip' has saparated, glue it back on than assemble the cluster.
That is my observation from the pics and looking at a cluster I have.

The fix is a new Guage face, where there isn't a replacement that exists.

I have a cluster sitting on my work bench. If I get a few I can show you how that comes apart and what you must do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk