Gauge makeover, What do you think?!

95ssn95

Nov 4, 2008
Missouri
Just finished my latest sub project, not what i should have been doing but tell me what ya think.....

Replaced cluster lights with superbrightleds' Part#: WLED-R5 (red 5ways)

Carefully! removed stock faces so not to tear them and then sanded away the blue layer of color on the backside, Now they are clear...(except the km/h numbers, don’t need them and balances the speedo and tach)

Finally...... I took apart the needles, sanded and painted them white..

IMG058.jpg

IMG059.jpg

IMG056.jpg

Also did the HVAC control panel with leds and removed the blue tint inside the panel....
IMG057.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

NICE! I wanted that look, but the WLED-5 reds with the blue on the back of the cluster makes the lights too dim. As you can see, the km/h numbers don't even show up when lit. Looks like I have a new project for my red GT, sanding the blue off the back of the gauge faces. What grit sandpaper did you use? Did it take a while to sand off the blue?

yes it did, I used a drywall foam type sanding block just so I could hold it, but my test set I used a right angle with a sander disk which worked fine just wanted to take my time, the test set I ripped when removing them. I used two razor blades to wedge under the faces. Also on the test set blue on the km/h was removed, totally like it better unlit. Next project is reupholstering the seats. Oh and one more thing I took scotchbrite and scuffed the top led on the WLED-5, helped even the light. Good luck!

Gauge set up looks very cool i like it:nice: I didn't want to go through all the trouble of doing that to my car so I went to Florida 5.0 for my gauge cluster set up all said and done for about $800 gauges mounted and bench tested ready to go and took me about 4 hrs of my time to install real easy.:canada:

Attachments

• _IGP5320.JPG
    _IGP5320.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 70