Gauge pod on the A-pillar?

mustangman70

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
St pete, Florida
I want to put a couple of gauges in the stang, water and oil, but im not sure as to where to put them, does any one make a pod to go on the A-pillar? i really like that look as it is a clean looking setup, i would rather put them in the a/c vent in the middle of the dash, someone was supposed to make something up but i havent heard any news :shrug: So lets se your setups guys :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

mustangman70 said:
I want to put a couple of gauges in the stang, water and oil, but im not sure as to where to put them, does any one make a pod to go on the A-pillar? i really like that look as it is a clean looking setup, i would rather put them in the a/c vent in the middle of the dash, someone was supposed to make something up but i havent heard any news :shrug: So lets se your setups guys :banana:
I've been hearing for years that a couple of companies/individuals were planning on a-pillar pods for the classics. I have yet to see them though.

I thought about pillar gages but if you hold a gage up there, you'll see they would stick out too far. In my 302, I surrounded the steering column with 3 gages and a tach, all in the chrome holders plus two more in a shelby pod on my console. My 351c coupe has a non A/C dash with an A/C hard cover with two gages mounted the vent opening.

streetgrande69 has been experimenting with some plastic molding stuff his first project was a 69 console, don't know if he ever finished it, though. and i had suggested that he do some pillar moldings with the guage pods built in. maybe everyon that is interested in something like this should you email or pm him, if there is enough interest maybe he will make us a few, BTW if he does decide to make them i have dibs on the first set, since it was my idea. hehehe

pods

mustangman70 said:
How much is that one from JC whitney? i will try thaqt if its not to expensive, and i will experiment and make it look finished lol

The single is $21.95, double is like $25...

I just ordered the single for my boost gauge, I'll let you know how it goes.

I had been planning on making leather covers for the pillars anyway, so the finished look will be not too much trouble...

65fsbkhipo said:
Can you say 'RICEY'? How about mounting them on the roof line where the sun visor is located?
Ricey would be a large tach on top of the dash or 3-6 A-pillar ones that glow and sparkle but are not actually hooked up to anything. Like one of theose fake Supercharger gauges on car without a SC :rlaugh: