Gauge Pods_A-pillar or Instrument Cluster Bezel

blkcobra50

Jul 24, 2006
I'm going to be purchasing some autometer gauges and I am torn between the A-pillar dual gauge pod(which I really like) or the dual gauge instrument cluster bezel.

For those with either can you let me know your opinions on them. What sort of quality are these pieces? And if anyone has any pictures of what they look like installed that would be great. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The cluster bezel is not a snap in like the stock peice. There will be two screws showing. And I had to cut one of the mounting screws off of each gauge cause they were hitting the lens when I went to put it in.

But it looks fine now. I really like it.

View attachment 432098
You can see one of the screws on the bottom right. The other isnt in the pic.

Megan gauges??? looks like the ones i had in the probe... i gotta find out where i bought them from... where did you get yours from?? yours look like they have a bigger lip... i like them alot... you could always paint the screw black... or like my piller on the probe drill holes and put black textured clips in place... you can barely tell... in the first pic you can see them on the top of the piller i think that might work better for you instead of the screw.

Im also planning on getting gauges... first im getting rid of my clock cause it randomly doesent work... thats always another option... i think cars look good with the piller... but i have a vert... which is making me feel its gonna look cluttered

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0869.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0862.jpg
    DSCF0862.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF0869.jpg
    DSCF0869.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0909.jpg
    DSCF0909.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 125
I'd go for the cluster bezel or a clock pod, in that order. I'm not a huge fan of the pillar pods, too many imports have them. Another great spot is in the hole right below the head unit in the dash, for those who don't have the Mach 460 system.

Adam95GT said:
i got the mach460... dont see any difference.. is that where the amp is hidden?

the mach460 should be 2 parts, the head unit above and the cd player below. the non-mach460 only has the head unit and an empty space below it for storage or whatever. I'm too lazy to look for gauge setup pics in there at the moment... the amps are in the back of the car, in both cases.

mine had mach 460 when i bought it with a sony tape deck installed because the woman liked to listen to books on tape while she drove to work... another reason i know my car was baby'd... who can drive aggressive to books on tape... and bible music???

Some day and night shots of the gauge bezel style.

Day:
Gauges.jpg

Night:
Gauges-Lit.jpg

I like this style better than the A-pillar (which I don't mind), so I went with it first. I will probably need some more gauges when I start playing with boost in the next year or two.

Attachments

• Gauges.jpg
    Gauges.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Gauges-Lit.jpg
    Gauges-Lit.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 131
illwood said:
Some day and night shots of the gauge bezel style.

Day:
Gauges.jpg

Night:
Gauges-Lit.jpg

I like this style better than the A-pillar (which I don't mind), so I went with it first. I will probably need some more gauges when I start playing with boost in the next year or two.

How did you get the backlighting blue like that on the phantom gauges, is it just a LED?

Attachments

• Gauges.jpg
    Gauges.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Gauges-Lit.jpg
    Gauges-Lit.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 288