gear fitment

• Sponsors (?)

when you look at the ring and pinion can you see the difference between a ring and pinion for 7.5. and ring and pinion for 8.8 i mean can i mesure it or physically someting are different. thanks

Disregard the weird castings, look at the bolt pattern on these.

9593_cast_lg.jpg

9519_cast_lg.jpg

Don't know what brand these are but you get the idea.
Just a quick google search

when you look at the ring and pinion can you see the difference between a ring and pinion for 7.5. and ring and pinion for 8.8 i mean can i mesure it or physically someting are different. thanks

The ring gear for the 8.8 will measure 8.8 inches, while the ring gear for the 7.5 will measure 7.5" in diameter.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
i have a stock differentiel on lx hatchback 1991. i think is a antislip diff. wath can i make to lock the diff without changing the heart off the diff. can i put some kind of oil or something because when i take off they dont lock all the time maybe one time on 5 take off

i have a stock differentiel on lx hatchback 1991. i think is a antislip diff. wath can i make to lock the diff without changing the heart off the diff. can i put some kind of oil or something because when i take off they dont lock all the time maybe one time on 5 take off
There is nothing you can add to a limited slip differential ( at this age) to make it lock both tires on a straight line launch with out rebuilding it.
Jack the rear in the air, and spin the tires with the car in neutral.
If it is truly a traction loc diff, and not completely worn out, both tires will spin in the same direction.