gear ratio and rpms

• Sponsors (?)

Ya gotta remember tho that most '99+ guys go from 3.27 to 3.73 which is mechanically similiar to going from 2.73 to 3.27. The rpm difference would be about the same which it should be considering '94-8s have a lower redline than '99+ so we don't have much rpm to play with.

i think the reason th 94-98 v6's had less or a rpm range is because the lack of the balancer shaft. i have a 2000 ford direct replacement engine and it has the balancer shaft in it. so i think i am good on that. but the reason i was asking about the rpm range is for mileage purposes. i am doing nothing to this car since i got an 89 fox body street car to play with now and it has 4.11 and a spool along with a t5 so it will eat gas up like nothing

dastang2 said:
i think the reason th 94-98 v6's had less or a rpm range is because the lack of the balancer shaft. i have a 2000 ford direct replacement engine and it has the balancer shaft in it. so i think i am good on that.
That and the fact that the 94-98s just don't breathe well enough (neither the intake tract nor the cam) to make power at anything more than 5k-ish. The torque drops off like mad above 5k. 99+s breathe better, we don't start to drop significantly until 5.5+k.