Gears And A Kick

I don't feel retarded. ;) Thanks for the boost anyway.

adrift,

I think I'm stuck now. The place that installed them is saying three's no problem. I need to see if the place I took my car to when I first got it is still around to see if they can do a check on the gears. The battle continues!
Ok so today I go out for a ride with the street tune loaded and the kick is bad. Could this be the tune or is the tune just magnifying an underline issue that present?

No problem. And no, I don't think your tune is the issue here, though it may be emphasizing whatever issues you do have.

• Sponsors (?)

I did some research and there happens to be a really good performance shop pretty close to me. I have the owner taking a test drive a little later. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

Well I just got back. This shop says he feels that everything is fine. He says it's the torque converter. I guess the tune I had with the chip is something different. I don't feel like swapping to the chip so I'm done worrying about it. Time to drive the car like I used to. :)

I don't think so but he's been around for a while and works on performance cars. I'm kind of at a loss. At some point I am going to pull the computer out and throw my old chip in to see what happens. One of the things I notice with the tune is how it shifts from second to third rapidly. I really liked how the Reihart chip I bought a long time ago changed the shift points. It felt awesome and it was smooth.

Tunes are subjective anyway. One guy may think his way is better and another may find something he likes. It may be a means to the same end but with all the parameters available it could just be that the tune you have now is the tuners idea of the perfect shift point and firmness of shift.

I hear you. I've been driving the car more carefully trying to understand the way it's set up to shift. If I let the shifts run the way they want it doesn't happen. Maybe I'll beat on it until it breaks. Then I'll know exactly what's happening. LOL!