Gears finally installed: Where does the 23 tooth speedo go???

I finally got a bunch of stuff done on my stang which included new 3.55 gears. However, there is a 22 tooth speedo gear in right now and it reads about 10mph too much. I believe that a 23 tooth gear will fix this to near perfection.

Where do I install the 23 tooth speedo gear? My Hayne's manual and other Mustang Project books don't mention this installation, so I am at a loss. I have read post after post of those who say it only takes about five mintes, so I'd like to get it done this weekend before I start taking lots of trips.

Anyone got a good description OR know of a website with instructions?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

WOW!

Good thing I asked. I had no idea where it was. I was actually going to look in the rear section, but I guess that doesn't make sense. I'm buying the part tomorrow, so I'll take a look at it then. Hopefully I can fit into that area using just my ramps.

Thanks for the replies.

I got under the car this morning and I think I found the right bolt. HOWEVER, it is stripped (no shiny marks, so this was done long ago). Doesn't make sense, because the stock speedo had never been changed.

I hope I'm looking in the right area. I did find a big rubber electrical connector within 1-2 inches of the bolt. Does the gear go there?????