Gears

sk8erdude18

Jul 12, 2002
I just got my 3.73's gears and speedcal but I may have a slight problem. I heard Ford gears were the best and that is what I got. I got the ones on stangstoe.com for only $125 and are the genuine factory ford gears. Well I was surfing stangstore again tonight and scrolled down farther only to find out that they have FRPP(Ford Racing Performance Parts) gears for $137. Now that I think about, what is the difference between the two? Are the genuine Ford gears cheaper because they whine or something? I'm getting a little worried that the Ford FRPP are the gears that everyone says only to get. Should I go through the hassle of shipping them back and paying an extra $12 for the FRPP? Are they still close to the same quality or would there be a real difference between them? Thanks-Brian

• Sponsors (?)

sk8erdude18 said:
I just got my 3.73's gears and speedcal but I may have a slight problem. I heard Ford gears were the best and that is what I got. I got the ones on stangstoe.com for only $125 and are the genuine factory ford gears. Well I was surfing stangstore again tonight and scrolled down farther only to find out that they have FRPP(Ford Racing Performance Parts) gears for $137. Now that I think about, what is the difference between the two? Are the genuine Ford gears cheaper because they whine or something? I'm getting a little worried that the Ford FRPP are the gears that everyone says only to get. Should I go through the hassle of shipping them back and paying an extra $12 for the FRPP? Are they still close to the same quality or would there be a real difference between them? Thanks-Brian
Brian you will not have a problem with the Ford gears. They are the same the only different is the price :nice: