General lack of fit people

Blessing or a curse? I am not quite sure which. I am one of those people you are talking about as far as being "thin". I am also a smoker. I have wanted to give up smoking for a long time. When my g/f broke up with me I finally got a drive to do something different. When I say thin I am not just skin and bones, but my body fat is under 8 percent. I started working out for real about 3 weeks ago. Since my body fat is so low I can see results faster than the average 6 weeks.
My advice to all you guys out there working out, just stick with it. Right now I work out Mon, Wed, Fri. On Tues, Thur, Sat i do only abs and a small amount of cardio 10-15 min. sunday is a complete rest day. I have noticed extreme results in those 3 weeks. At the end of the week I have done abs six days. Abs are one of the hardest things to work because we use those muscles all day, i.e when we cough, when we bend down to get something, when we are using the restroom etc.... The only way to work abs and to get the beginning definition is to hop on the incline sit up bench and do several sets of sit ups. NOT crunches. Crunches are for the ladies. i mean full incline sit ups. After several weeks when you can 4 sets of 40, you start adding weight by grabbing a 25 pound weight and holding it over your head and then going for it. What you are doing is "using" your muscles. I know this may sound redundant but trust me it works. When you hop on the ab machine at the gym and throw 100 pounds on it, what you are doing is strengthening your muscles which can sometimes just make your gut appear bigger because yes the muscles are growing but you are not burning the layer of fat inside your stomach. Yes I did say "inside". You have a layer of fat not just on the outside but also on the inside. When you do full sit ups you burning fat from that specific area. Its like cardio for your abs. I hope this info is helpful for you guys and just keep on working. I "look" pretty cut but I still can't bench my own weight yet. But I also have a full 6 pack that looks pretty hard. I figure in a couple more months i will be able to lift more, I will be pretty happy then. Oh and btw working out is a great way to quite smoking.

:)

• Sponsors (?)

I wrestled from age 6-16...I was on the smaller size. It was always stressed to me to be fast and nimble physicly and mentaly vs. being larger than what you would be in gen. good shape.

I also rode quads/dirtbikes until I was 21-22 (broke my back and stoped but want to get back into it) along with growing up in a more "country" area were riding a bike was still 10-20min ride to friends houses. I go snowboarding in the winter and push myself to my limits.

I am now getting older and after about a 2yr break in working out have gotten back into a good little groove. I am 5-10 to 5-11 and 208lbs with a small amount of bellyfat. I dont drink (often) or smoke but I do work for the largest bank in the world and sit at a desk in a cube pushing buttons. Over the last year I REALLY noticed the lack of excersise and my lack of energy and increased pain in my back.

I think its in large part due to how you are as a youth. If your active and dont get fed all kinds of crap vs. playing video games and eating fast food/soda all day its going ot be THAT much harder as an adult to be in any kind of shape. Being overly skinny...other than the way they slouch (sp?) I dont think everyone needs to work out...but then again I dont think it would hurt either but in the end I would see overly skinny better than being over weight. Alot of kids simply cannot put on muscle until they get over the age of 18 simply do to the fact your still growing. I didnt get over 145-150lbs until I was 22-23 by really hitting the gym and bulking up to 195 in 3mo.

Does it bother anyone other than me when you see a girl with a fantastic body and later find out she doesnt know what working out is and eats like garbage? Don't get me wrong, I would prefer she not be fat, but at the same time I kinda wish she would get what people who are not genetically gifted have coming to them when they treat there body like these girls do.

Also, I cannot stand the female college girl alcohol gut. I have to say I see it more and more. Girls get it so easy and its so funny because they will have a great body, but a pudge. Alkis.....

Also, I cannot stand the female college girl alcohol gut. I have to say I see it more and more. Girls get it so easy and its so funny because they will have a great body, but a pudge. Alkis.....

Probably more than a couple reasons for that as well...

Many of the 'college girls' wear those new tops that look like your pregnant - my girlfriend does, but I dare not tell her:D

Second, lack of abdominal muscle tightness:)