General, please put up some pics of your shop

6/12 roof with a 4/12 ceiling on a 40' span will give you alot of ceiling height... 9 1/2 ' tall walls? I like it
My last home had the same roof/ceiling pitch on a 34' span and it made for quite a spectacular room inside..

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

My new structure. Times are tough

C7DCFA17-27D5-4A94-8CA9-5D8AE6C7AD1F.jpeg
I am digging the camo.... LOL.. My " temporary " shed since " Irma"......
DSCF0995.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
At least 9.5' -10' walls but trying to make efficiency out of a 8 footer, planning on 2x6 walls. One of the builders advised against 2' of block because of cost and insulation efficiency. Trying to cut cost and hire a friend of the family instead of actually hiring a builder who marks all cost up 20%. I'm am trying to stick to around 100K budget. If you look carefully I have a sketch over the man door that is the 7 1/2' tall mezzanine that will come out 8' that will increase storage.

Last edited:
At least 9.5' -10' walls but trying to make efficiency out of a 8 footer, planning on 2x6 walls. One of the builders advised against 2' of block because of cost and insulation efficiency. Trying to cut cost and hire a friend of the family instead of actually hiring a builder who marks all cost up 20%. I'm am trying to stick to around 100K budget. If you look carefully I have a sketch over the man door that is the 7 1/2' tall mezzanine that will come out 8' that will increase storage.
Not sure what your codes are but last home I built code allowed you 24" on ctr with 2 X 6.... I swore if I did it again I would do 2 X 6 on 16" ctr... Just a few more studs and a much better wall....... Just my opinion....
The 15 1/2" insulation it easier to work with also...

Last edited:
I had insulation pumped into the block walls, I did the block building cause it matches the house and hurricanes, I do have a fair sized attic space for stuff. And one members fishing equipment, oh and tubular intakes.

I had insulation pumped into the block walls, I did the block building cause it matches the house and hurricanes, I do have a fair sized attic space for stuff. And one members fishing equipment, oh and tubular intakes.
JR, I am of the understanding that code requires the filling of the entire block stucture with concrete now?

You mean filling the hole inside the block with concrete? If so then no, they fill a column every so many feet, can't remember, corners too, I had the rest filled with a expanding insulation, it does the job.