General, please put up some pics of your shop

24' deep by 28' wide

20210913_173111 (1).jpg

Times 2.
The 2 car garage on the right is for the daily drivers.
Please quit putting up pictures of Al Gores mansion......LOL ... What a fantastic place

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

thanks to all for the pics of the shops..... I had a 1500' garage ( daylight basement) in my last place and I really miss it...
If i put up a place it will be concrete block as Florida has bugs and hurricanes... IRMA went over the top of my house in 2017
Are 10 foot high walls enough for a lift? I had "thought" 12' walls were recommended ?? A lift would allow me to work on cars easier at my age.. Getting hard to crawl around on the floor.....
I see some 8'wide garage doors too.... A bit small?
The older I get, the smaller my shop seems to be getting... I have to admit to myself I don't need a large shop anymore as I decrease my stable and will not add to it... Getting to the point I only need a storage shed for my Mower and " junk"......
Keep the shop pics coming, but with some specs like size, height, door sizes.... Thanks
I am trying to get an idea on what my minimum size needs would be.....

Your walls are 14' high?
yes, that is 12 foot of OSB on the walls. I would do at least 12 foot walls and try to get the taller lifts because not being able to stand up fully under the lift decreases the overall enjoyment and useage.

2dlUfPA.jpg

And more storage, man I miss that Tundra and LX 470
dZodRfy.jpg

28x30x14 Door is 16x12

I was so proud of installing that light, I hate ladders and funny I NEVER use that damn light

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks to everyone for pictures of their shops... I originally asked for the Generals shop pics because I wanted to look at one his size, garage door, and a concrete block build...... But everyones pics are welcome....
I know they are never big enough, but I am downsizing as I get older.....
I am now thinking big enough for one car ( with lots of room around it), storage on the other side, Lawmower, car parts, Bar be que, walls tall enough for a lift, and a concrete pad outside.......

Budget?
A7F718E4-E24A-4007-9900-3D8DE054F6D5.png

When supply prices spiked, then supply chain issues have made shortages, I have not wanted to ask for an estimate for a new shop. It will not be as fancy as the one I left.

Last edited:
How much is your 'garage budget'?
Not sure on my budget but costs seem to be double, if not more, than a year ago..
I stopped at a place that sells em and a 24 X 30 metal building was 17K assembled.. Takes a day to assemble it they said...
2" X 2" metal tube and some sheet metal covering with a metal roof..... Was not impressed....
Would still need the concrete pad and driveway. No decent way to insulate it or AC it..... Seemed pretty worthless for Florida....

Last edited:
I am building a 40x40. I spent 2 years planning even was on the phone with the township during closing on the house in 2020 to make sure I could build a big garage. I cleared trees last year fall and am planning on breaking ground this summer. This will be scissor trusses, a bathroom, heated floor heat and of course a hoist as you can see in my plans.

Scott

20220417_183313.jpg
20220310_120132.jpg
20220310_120300.jpg

Reactions: 5 users