get this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viva La Mustang

Mar 30, 2005
okay, well for those of you that have and 05 mustang tell me if you would agree with this. There is this girl at my school shes 17 or 18, well she got a red 05 mustang GT with custom exaust and some foose rims. Would you turn a 17 or 18 year old girl loose with and 05 mustang GT ???? and plus its in the high school parking lot....high school parking lot.... thats like parking your car where blind people learn to drive......and on top of all of that its an automatic.

• Sponsors (?)

Well.............the automatic is the only smart thing....can yo uimagine what she would do to a stick.....?
As for the school parking lot, what about Sonic after school? Fries, cokes, cigarette burns gag!!!! And hopefully she hasn't learned to drink yet...the temptation to be cool (look cool) is way too great.
It's a scary thought.... I have a 14yr old with a learners permit....when he drives my car is really screws with the tuning.....like letttting an old lady drive it. (The computer adjusts with the drivers habts)
All I can say for the automatic, if you do "drive it like you stole it" it runs as hot as most manuals (most stick drivers are not theat great)

girls are better drivers, and more careful soooooo

Viva La Mustang said:
okay, well for those of you that have and 05 mustang tell me if you would agree with this. There is this girl at my school shes 17 or 18, well she got a red 05 mustang GT with custom exaust and some foose rims. Would you turn a 17 or 18 year old girl loose with and 05 mustang GT ???? and plus its in the high school parking lot....high school parking lot.... thats like parking your car where blind people learn to drive......and on top of all of that its an automatic.
so whats your problem?

Certainly not what I'd have bought my 17 year old daughter, but there always have been people with more money than brains.

Unless the parents are also kicking in on the paint repairs it's going to be a sorry looking pony by the end of high school. School parking lot's are like rock tumblers. I'm guessing less than a month before it gets key'd.

Vandil said:
Certainly not what I'd have bought my 17 year old daughter, but there always have been people with more money than brains.

Unless the parents are also kicking in on the paint repairs it's going to be a sorry looking pony by the end of high school. School parking lot's are like rock tumblers. I'm guessing less than a month before it gets key'd.

the issue i have is with the car choice, not what it costs. if you have money and want to buy your kid a nice car, that's cool. but buy a volvo s40 or audi a3/a4 or bmw 1/3 series etc etc.

not a 300HP RWD sports coupe. that's just asking for trouble. ALL kids do stupid things when they learn to drive, either on purpose or by accident. that's like giving a newbie bike rider a 600 Supersport to start - they may be able to handle it, but it can get away from you a lot quicker then a smaller, safer vehicle.

:shrug:

I think I'd like to be adopted by said parents and their "little boy" is going to want a new GT500 when they become available. Thanks Mom and Dad! :D

My kids are going to be lucky to get a good and used Honda Civic and they're also going to pay for a fair share of the insurance cost if they want to drive. Remember, driving is a privilege...not a right!

Its a bad idea I cant speak for her nor do I know the person but if I had that car when I was 17/18 Id be in jail. I got in enough trouble with my chevy lumina :owned: Im just glad I didnt have much growing up so that today I can appricate the things ive worked for like my stang although not new or expensive it wasnt just handed to me. Hopefully they will be greatful and respect what they have and not get themselves killed or somebody else hurt using those 300 horses.

my .02 cents

:flag: :flag: :flag:

My 17 yr old (daughter) with BF1 and BF2 have run two cars completely dry of oil? Go figure...don't you learn after the first time. (I even sent her to Valvoline and paid for oil changes)
She is the world's best driver! One thing she is good at....but I sure wouldn't trust her with one of my stangs. Can you just hear a GT screaming for oil.....

everyone talks about driving..there is that other little annoyance (maintenance) cosmetic and mechanical. ...it wouldl be unAmerican to dog a stang.

Hmmmm. Between me and my brothers when we each went through high school, one owned a '69 Mustang 351C 4V, one a '69 Pontiac GTO 400 tri-power, and one a '70 Ford Torino 429CJ Ram Air. After that experience would I recommend a musclecar to a teenager ... uh, probably not. :D

I don’t think there is anything wrong with giving a 16 year old driver a new car for their b-day. IF you have a kid that is going to respect the car and respect the fact that it was free. My boss gave his daughter a new Boxster convertible for her 16th b-day with the plate 2HOT4U...........that was maybe taking it too far, but when I got my new Civic EX on my b-day and was very very happy. My kids will get a new car of their selection when the time comes, as long as I think they will respect it. AND pay for their own insurance.

There's nothing wrong with buying your child a new car, but I think you buy something that makes sense. My parents bought me a new car too when I was 17, but it was a Mazda MX-6. I also believe that if you buy your child something ridiculous like a BMW, a Mustang GT, etc, then what do they have to look forward to when they're on their own? There's something about waiting until you truly can afford something like that on your own to buy it. Not to mention the ridiculous insurance cost of a 17-year old on a car like that. And I don't care how rich you are, buying a 16-year old a Porsche Boxster is just ridiculous.

I have 14 year old twin daughters, they will each be getting a Cobra for their 16th Birthday. They knew they wanted a Cobra at age 11. They have grown up around sports cars and racing. They know what is right and wrong. Any kid can go over 100 mph in just about any car, if they want to........I see adults every day that drive like crap..........
My parents bought me a very nice car when I turned 16, and I had no problems at all. It is how you raise your kids...nothing else.
They will not pay for insurance or anything else............they will repay us by doing well in school. They are addicited to their cell phones now........if they screw up, the phones are gone, it will be the same with their cars.
We have an 03 Cobra, 05 GT, 05 F350 crew cab, long bed, and they drive them all........pretty good too!

wldchic said:
I have 14 year old twin daughters, they will each be getting a Cobra for their 16th Birthday. They knew they wanted a Cobra at age 11. They have grown up around sports cars and racing. They know what is right and wrong. Any kid can go over 100 mph in just about any car, if they want to........I see adults every day that drive like crap..........
My parents bought me a very nice car when I turned 16, and I had no problems at all. It is how you raise your kids...nothing else.
They will not pay for insurance or anything else............they will repay us by doing well in school. They are addicited to their cell phones now........if they screw up, the phones are gone, it will be the same with their cars.
We have an 03 Cobra, 05 GT, 05 F350 crew cab, long bed, and they drive them all........pretty good too!

DAD! It's me - your long lost son! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.