Getting a Divorce

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
Hey guys, I know this is way off topic (Not even related to stangs let alone cars), but I'm getting a divoce. This really sucks..... :nonono:

Anyone else on here gone through a bad break up from a long term releationship or a divorce? I caught her cheating on me about 3 months ago and it feels like it just happened last week. I've talked to a few freinds and co-workers about it and it seems to have helped a little. But I still feel a little lost. I loved that woman...

What did you guys go through? How long till you get back to normal? or even semi normal???? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I know so many couples that have split. One of my friends is going through it now. Its terrible. Can take a long time to get over. Do you have kids? If not its a hell of a lot easier.

Just keep yourself busy so you arent thinking about it as much. The legalities take way too long as well. Get that stuff going immediately and rush it through.

Sucks man. Good luck.:(

Naaa no kids. But I feel blind sided by the whole thing. We have been together since 2001. We just got married in Oct of this past year. I found out in Jan of this year. I learned that she started cheating in Dec!!! We were only married for 3 F***ing months man!!

The worst part for me is, that I tried to work it out. I told her that I would forgive her. And she said no....

Please no bashing guys. Its been a tought few months.

Try having a 13 year relationship only to find out that she had a fling on a vacation for her that I paid for. I gave this woman everything.

But, I sold the house, gave away a lot of stuff that I didn't want to look at anymore. Walked away with a decent profit from the house (that she split with me) and now it's five years later. Do I think about her...? Sure. Do I get really angry at her...? Yep. I moved 850 miles away to my old home town.

My best advice for you is to smother yourself with lots of sex from lots of women... It helps.

Btw, I just got remarried last month... so life does go on.

Post nude pics of her on the net...

Honestly my first marriage sucked, I'm glad now after a few years of feeling like I couldn't get back into the groove that I have found my new and improved wife 2.0 :) It sucks for a while, there will always be what if thoughts. Just move on and get back in the ocean or you might miss the woman you're supposed to be with.

Try having a 13 year relationship only to find out that she had a fling on a vacation for her that I paid for. I gave this woman everything.

But, I sold the house, gave away a lot of stuff that I didn't want to look at anymore. Walked away with a decent profit from the house (that she split with me) and now it's five years later. Do I think about her...? Sure. Do I get really angry at her...? Yep. I moved 850 miles away to my old home town.

My best advice for you is to smother yourself with lots of sex from lots of women... It helps.

Btw, I just got remarried last month... so life does go on.

Wow.... that sucks. Sounds like you went through some rough times.
Yeah I moved out about 3 months ago. I moved about 65 miles away. Its about 1 hour from where we used to live.

She has been calling and texting recently. Saying that she thinks about what she did. She is not totally remorsfull (sp?). :mad: :notnice: :(

congrats on tying the knot again! :nice:

Post nude pics of her on the net...

Honestly my first marriage sucked, I'm glad now after a few years of feeling like I couldn't get back into the groove that I have found my new and improved wife 2.0 :) It sucks for a while, there will always be what if thoughts. Just move on and get back in the ocean or you might miss the woman you're supposed to be with.

LOL... I have way too many pics of her. Some better than others with less or no clothing :rolleyes:

The girl in my avatar is my wife (or should I say soon to be ex wife). But looking back through all my pics. I dont really have any of her in or on my stang :nonono:

I dunno, its just been tough trying to sleep and chit, ya know?

Wow.... that sucks. Sounds like you went through some rough times.
Yeah I moved out about 3 months ago. I moved about 65 miles away. Its about 1 hour from where we used to live.

She has been calling and texting recently. Saying that she thinks about what she did. She is not totally remorsfull (sp?). :mad: :notnice: :(

congrats on tying the knot again! :nice:

I have to tell you that from my experience, do not let your ex suck you back in...

My ex and I met in '91, married in '93, split up in '97 got back together in '99 and then split in '04 and divorced in '05. My ex reeled me back in like a fish in '99. I was happy without her but she started bugging me and sending me pictures and stuff. I finally gave up a great girl I had met and went back to my ex.

I wasted another 6 years with my ex... Don't let your ex sucker you back in. She's already showed you that she'll cheat on you and that won't stop.

If its not final yet, don't post any real details or bad mouth in anyway until then. Her lawyers can use it against u.....

Doesn't matter as long as he doesn't post her name or pictures of her until after the fact, all that matters is he has proof of her infidelity so she doesn't get his stuff.

been there dude. Way back in 1999, found out my wife was cheatin' too. Only married 6 months too. Oh well, I can say its sucked, but it got better and I met my 2nd wife in 2000 and we've been married 8+ yrs. Hang in there.

EDIT* as its been said ....do not take her back....ever.

My advice is to find a good therapist and try that. You talk your way through stuff and they can prescribe meds for the depression and to help you sleep. My insurance covered 20 visits per year. Didn't need all 20 and didn't stay on meds for more than 2 months. It helped me better than drinking and banging my way through the rough times. To each, thier own but this worked for me.

LOL... I have way too many pics of her. Some better than others with less or no clothing :rolleyes:

The girl in my avatar is my wife (or should I say soon to be ex wife). But looking back through all my pics. I dont really have any of her in or on my stang :nonono:

I dunno, its just been tough trying to sleep and chit, ya know?
Get rid of the avatar, as it's just one of the many pieces of minutia that will continue to remind you of your pain. My 2 pence...

At least you found out early on in the marriage. Just take it one day at a time, and dont take her ass back. Stay close to your friends too. Company has always made the worst times barable for me. Good friends always put **** into perspective.

Been through the same exact things, so I know how you feel. What hurt me almost as much as her cheating on me was that 2 of the multiple guys she screwed were 2 of my closest friends. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk or just vent. On the bright side, I met the real girl of my dreams and I am going back into the Army, my real dream career. It just takes time. You will be fine.

Like others have said before the best thing you can do is keep yourself busy so that your mind doesn't dwell on the situation so much. Hang out with friends work on your car.....just do things that you enjoy. Good luck man and you'll be in my prayers !

Posted via Mobile Device