Getting a Linc Mark VII for parts...

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
Okay so my engine has a bad wristpin and knocks at 2500rpm. A buddy is giving me a low-mileage Lincoln for parts. It has the 5.0L H.O. engine with a little over 60,000 miles. My question is what can I use from this car? I'm going to get rid of my carb'd setup and maintain the EFI from the Mark VII. So I'm guessing the computer, wire harnesses, sensors and whatnot will work. I could use the front spindals, rotors, brakes, calipers for the 5 lug and bigger brake swap. I can also use the 8.8 rear with the disc brakes.

For now I'm only swapping the engine and staying carb, the EFI will go in later since I have to do this job far away from where I live so I don't want to take chances with the EFI, all the parts will be put into my hatch.

• Sponsors (?)

Boss 351 said:
Okay so my engine has a bad wristpin and knocks at 2500rpm. A buddy is giving me a low-mileage Lincoln for parts. It has the 5.0L H.O. engine with a little over 60,000 miles. My question is what can I use from this car? I'm going to get rid of my carb'd setup and maintain the EFI from the Mark VII. So I'm guessing the computer, wire harnesses, sensors and whatnot will work. I could use the front spindals, rotors, brakes, calipers for the 5 lug and bigger brake swap. I can also use the 8.8 rear with the disc brakes.

For now I'm only swapping the engine and staying carb, the EFI will go in later since I have to do this job far away from where I live so I don't want to take chances with the EFI, all the parts will be put into my hatch.

To my knowledge, the Lincoln uses the same spindles as the fox. They just have 5 lugs on the rotor. You can go to the parts store and buy the lincoln rotors and put them on your car. There are some wheel limitations but that is it.