Getting another car...can't decide which...

Knife or Banana...um, I mean Mustang or Camaro

• 2010 V6 Camaro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I have spanked plenty of punks in their V6 Camaros, they are just soo friggin heavy.

Same in my 99. They're nothing special. I drove a 2010 6.2 Camaro too... Nothing special. The new V6 Mustangs are more fun to drive. I expected it to be close to the 5.0 and it was nowhere near what I expected. I was a little embarrassed for Chevy.

If $25,000 is your limit you could easily go with a nice 2011 V6 Mustang and be better than both those cars in almost every way... Definitely better than the Camaro in every way. Like Slayer said, a Terminator is also an option. If you already have two GT's you're keeping though, I would assume you want this new car to be something with good gas mileage and the 2011 V6 gets great gas mileage.

I'm afraid so Nightfire...I think I'm leaning towards the Camaro, which is why I asked for some biased input.

Ok, here is some input.....

5th gen Camaro = one of the ugliest cars on the road
5th gen Camaro V6 = one of the ugliest cars on the road with no balls

The fact that you're deciding between one of the ugliest POS' on the road and a 2010 GT is why I questioned the seriousness of the thread. Im sorry that I can't be of any more help in this circumstance seeing as I obviously hate the new Camaro's. Either way, good luck with your purchase :nice:

I've seen 2011 GT's going for 26-27k on Autotrader - from a dealership. Not tons of options, but all have been manual trans. cars.

Between the two, I'd definitely go 2010 GT. Awesome styling, and the 3v has potential once you start modding. It sure responds better than a 2v and there are quite a few guys that have gone well into the 12's on bolt ons alone.

I've seen 2011 GT's going for 26-27k on Autotrader - from a dealership. Not tons of options, but all have been manual trans. cars.

Between the two, I'd definitely go 2010 GT. Awesome styling, and the 3v has potential once you start modding. It sure responds better than a 2v and there are quite a few guys that have gone well into the 12's on bolt ons alone.
Actually I had a dealership about to sell me a 2012 GT with a 6 speed and only 5,000 miles on it for $23,995 just a few minutes ago...but as it turns out they just got rid of it at the auction.

Buy a truck or a hatchback

I hate to be the one to say it, since everyone on here would love an entire stable of stangs, but having 3 V8 Mustangs is a little redundant in the real world, don't ya think?

If you are going forced induction the obvious choice is the 2010 mustang GT- 3v's love boost.

Having driven both (have a 2010 GT), drove a 2010 v6 camaro for a weekend once- the GT has a much better interior, sounds better, looks better, handles better, and you don't feel like you are looking through tiny slits for windows. There are blind spots everywhere on the camaro. The potential of the v6 w/ forced induction is without a doubt way lower than than what the 3v can give you.

The mustang's wheels are a minor thing- spend a 1-2k and you can get a nice set of whatever wheel you want. I like that kind of mustang wheel- I upgraded my 2010 wheels to the GT500 wheels- one of the best looking wheels for this car IMO.

Buy a truck or a hatchback

I hate to be the one to say it, since everyone on here would love an entire stable of stangs, but having 3 V8 Mustangs is a little redundant in the real world, don't ya think?
That's why I have no problems getting a V6. I ultimately decided on a 2010 Mustang GT. Not the one in the pic but a different one. It has 15,000 miles and is the same color exterior (black) with the 2 tone interior (black and tan). I'm not gonna drive all 3 cars tho. The 95 is coming off my insurance tomorrow. I'm gonna drive the 2010 and the 03 until the end of the year, at which time I'm gonna let the 03 sit. Over the next couple years I'll just do little mods to the 95 and 03 here and there.

Both cars look good. Id give the edge to the Camaro, but not with those rims. They have to go. Skip the V6 or youll end up wasting more money later trying to get the power that you would have got with the V8 in the first place.

Why buy another muscle car tho, if you already have two GTs? What else have you got for cars? I'd be tempted to mix it up a little... I've been considering picking up a 2005 ish BMW M3 convertible for similar money. Classic sports car. Something a little different than your other rides. I know how much I enjoy switching it up between the dirty-brute-force of the stang to the quality and handling of my Benz.

If you really want another muscle car, then you could always sell the two you have and go all-out for one very badass one. A coyote, or a Shelby thats a few years old.

Both cars look good. Id give the edge to the Camaro, but not with those rims. They have to go. Skip the V6 or youll end up wasting more money later trying to get the power that you would have got with the V8 in the first place.

Why buy another muscle car tho, if you already have two GTs? What else have you got for cars? I'd be tempted to mix it up a little... I've been considering picking up a 2005 ish BMW M3 convertible for similar money. Classic sports car. Something a little different than your other rides. I know how much I enjoy switching it up between the dirty-brute-force of the stang to the quality and handling of my Benz.

If you really want another muscle car, then you could always sell the two you have and go all-out for one very badass one. A coyote, or a Shelby thats a few years old.
Not really in to the Bimmers and 'Cedes. The car in the link looks nice tho. I always liked the look of the M-series and the AMGs. Still the only cars I can see myself getting are the Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. Camaros and Challengers aren't worth the money IMO. Mustangs are easy to get better deals on, they have a way better aftermarket support, and they're way easier to maintain.

No no no no no no no no no no on the Camaro.

V6 = Meh
Auto = barf
Rims = You gonna be selling 8 balls on the weekend?

If your at the $25K budget just look at 11+ GT's. I got my 12' with 4 miles on it for under $27K

No no no no no no no no no no on the Camaro.

V6 = Meh
Auto = barf
Rims = You gonna be selling 8 balls on the weekend?

If your at the $25K budget just look at 11+ GT's. I got my 12' with 4 miles on it for under $27K
Yea I ruled that particular Camaro out. To spend that much on a V6 is stupid. I also decided to raise my budget to 30K. I've seen a few 2012 GT's with around 5,000 miles going for around $27,000. And I've seen a few Camaro SS for the same price. So it really comes down to whoever decides to give me the best deal. Going shopping today...!!

Yea I ruled that particular Camaro out. To spend that much on a V6 is stupid. I also decided to raise my budget to 30K. I've seen a few 2012 GT's with around 5,000 miles going for around $27,000. And I've seen a few Camaro SS for the same price. So it really comes down to whoever decides to give me the best deal. Going shopping today...!!

Good luck and have fun with it!

Thought you said you were getting a 2010 GT. But yeah if you're looking at a 5.0 or a Camaro SS you'd be crazy to get a Camaro. It's not even close.
Yea I actually had decided to get the 2010 GT. But then I started doing the math and it didn't make sense to get it. After all, the diference in price for the 2010 vs a Coyote would have only been about an extra $50 a month. On top of that there were other 2010 GT's that were cheaper but the dealership I was at didn't wanna give me a break in the price. I woulda went to look at the other cars but they were a good 2 hrs away and I didn't wanna travel that far. So I ruled out both cars and decided on a 2010-2012 Camaro SS or a Coyote.

So I went to look at the Coyote and I gotta say that car is a BEAST. It is soo freakin fast I couldn't believe it. Ford definitely underrated the engine. It felt light, it sounded aggressive, and it handled pretty good. The problem was that it was very uncomfortable for me. I'm 6'2"/230 lbs/with a size 15 foot...so needless to say I did not feel at home in it. The back of the driver seat was all the way touching the rear seat when it was at the best position for me and even that wasn't comfortable...and definitely didn't give me good visibility or feel of the car and the outside surroundings.

The Camaro SS was also fast but you can definitely feel its weight. It handles very well and sounds just as good as the Coyote. The price was very good and the mileage was extremely low (10,500 miles on a 2010), but what sealed the deal is the fact that it was a lot more comfortable for me. I had a lot more breathing room in it. It didn't feel cramped or tight at all. I could stretch out my legs and my feet didn't hit 2 pedals at the same time. Not to mention that this particular car had every option, an aftermarket exhaust, and a rare color scheme. So it was pretty much a wrap.

And there you have it. If I were 6 ft or shorter then I'd say it could have gone either way. However, at a comparable price the Coyote would probably have an edge because of its performance capabilities. Over 6 ft and it comes down to how comfortable you're gonna be with the car as a DD. That's all my opinion tho...others might feel different. Anyway, That's that...2 Mustang GTs and a Camaro SS in the stable!!