Engine Getting Car To Crank With Eec Harness Removed (stock Efi Removed)

Dan_Soprano

Mod Dude
May 7, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Here's the issue. (95 Cobra) And yes I've spent hours on the net searching. EFI to carb swap guys please. 408 is in, ready to go. Doing the wiring for the FI tech now. Car will not crank. All the chiton and Haynes schematics are crap. The EEC and harness are removed. Not getting power to the start relay now. All the "internet" schematics show straight shot to start relay then starter but this is not the case. There has to be an interlock somewhere with the EEC harness. I know I can just wire straight from the neutral switch to the starter harness but trying to do it right. What wires did you spice / jump to get this to work? I know people on the net say "just put the EEC and harness back in", wrong answer... Who's done this?

• Sponsors (?)

Anti theft was an option in the 95 cobras, it's located in the trunk on the drivers side behind the panel, thats according to my key man, he has been working with automotive key making and programming for over thirty years. He said if it's installed when you turn on the key you'll have an anti-theft light.

Anti theft was an option in the 95 cobras, it's located in the trunk on the drivers side behind the panel, thats according to my key man, he has been working with automotive key making and programming for over thirty years. He said if it's installed when you turn on the key you'll have an anti-theft light.
Anti theft module is removed and jumped out properly. At this point I just bought a fox start solenoid, and am going to wire it using that. No big deal.

Reactions: 1 user