Getting dynoed for first time-what to expect?

as it says, this friday will my 96 cobras first time getting dynoed after getting an overhaul that has taken a while to be 100% complete.

im not getting custom tuned yet as i want to see what this mail order tune and mods on my current car (bored .30, ported heads, full exhaust, intake, pulleys) can put down and go from there depending on what the A/F readings are

so what can i expect????

so stoked to finaly get a rough estimate of my beasts HP/Torque

• Sponsors (?)

Rights of Passage

When you get there the adrenalin will be flowing and you will be somewhere between nervous and excited. When your car is on the dyno the tuner will get your car rolling and then....BAM he floors it. Initially it dosen't bother you too much but when the RPM's keep climbing and climbing and climbing to a number you probaly have never taken your car before intentionly and you inwardly begin to panic thinking your motor is going to detonate but your afraid to do or say anything and suddenly it's all over.Everything is fine. Your motor is intact as you walk over to the dyno screen your heart is beating like a big bass drum and the only thing you want to know is rwhp and rwtq. What if the numbers are too low, especially after all the money you spent. Hey,wait a minute, what if they are much higher than I ever could have hoped for. You finally make it to the screen and you look at the graph and you can't believe it, your dyno numbers are........ :jaw: Welcome to the wonderful world of dyno tuning. Good Luck, Mark.

When you get there the adrenalin will be flowing and you will be somewhere between nervous and excited. When your car is on the dyno the tuner will get your car rolling and then....BAM he floors it. Initially it dosen't bother you too much but when the RPM's keep climbing and climbing and climbing to a number you probaly have never taken your car before intentionly and you inwardly begin to panic thinking your motor is going to detonate but your afraid to do or say anything and suddenly it's all over.Everything is fine. Your motor is intact as you walk over to the dyno screen your heart is beating like a big bass drum and the only thing you want to know is rwhp and rwtq. What if the numbers are too low, especially after all the money you spent. Hey,wait a minute, what if they are much higher than I ever could have hoped for. You finally make it to the screen and you look at the graph and you can't believe it, your dyno numbers are........ :jaw: Welcome to the wonderful world of dyno tuning. Good Luck, Mark.

You should write short storys, that was entertaning to read.:nice:

Yup, pretty much, and it did better than I had expected. :)

as it says, this friday will my 96 cobras first time getting dynoed after getting an overhaul that has taken a while to be 100% complete.

im not getting custom tuned yet as i want to see what this mail order tune and mods on my current car (bored .30, ported heads, full exhaust, intake, pulleys) can put down and go from there depending on what the A/F readings are

so what can i expect????

so stoked to finaly get a rough estimate of my beasts HP/Torque

guessing numbers: 285rwhp/275rwtq

Why not go ahead and get a dyno tune? You get dyno numbers with the tune anyways. Assuming you pay $75 for 3 dyno pulls, when you finally get the dyno tune it's another $200. So $275.

Or get the dyno tune now and put down better and safer numbers for $200. You're really only paying $125 for a custom tune.

My guess is 310hp/305tq.