Getting Pissed Off

so after passing both another spark and noid test I got a backfire which lead me to poke around the fire wall to see if any wires may have been pinched when lifting the motor and while I didn't find and pinched wires I did find that the Map sensor was not connected and that the B/R on the vacuum tree was no longer capped.

does anyone know where i pull vacuum for the map sensor? or have a diagram I've searched and the only picture I've seen is a computer drawn diagram just has a red line from the map sensor to basically nothing which a assume must be the IM but i dont see where to connect the stupid thing.

20131018_083420_zpsa88641b6.jpg

im curious if i can pull vacuum from the B/R for the map sensor also i will be capping the A/C and S/C lines on the vac tree since I don't have or use either and will reduce the likely hood of a vacuum leak.

Unless your car is SD, the MAP sensor doesn't have a vacuum line to it for Mass Air. It pulls air from the atmosphere and is actually a BAP sensor. Simply cap off the B/R port on the tree.

If you still run SD then it's a 3/8" hose that connects to the underside of the upper intake.

hat tip to Tom Moss.

88Stang5.0Vacuum.gif

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

well shes alive! running a little rough but timing may be off a degree or two. I double checked the distributor and some how my dumb self set it to cylinder 3 instead of 1 so lesson learned don't stab in the distributor after 13 hours work shift and 2 straight days of working on the car.

here she is running not the best but I wanted to do it real quick:

View attachment 123134