....Getting my 4:10's installed tomorrow!

• Sponsors (?)

Grats! The first day is a pain isn't it? Make sure you break them in right. If you don't go through the heat cycles correctly you could have some major problems down the line.

(NO constant/steady speeds!!!!)

Grats! The first day is a pain isn't it? Make sure you break them in right. If you don't go through the heat cycles correctly you could have some major problems down the line.

(NO constant/steady speeds!!!!)

So far so good! I've been doing my best to go through the heat cycles so that a proper break in is accomplished. No noise or gear howl! :D

What is a gear break in? What do I have to do

seems as if most installers have a different opinion on this. ASK YOUR installer for proper break in, YOUR installer is the one that will be the one to offer the warranty, not someone else on the internet. i know one installer that breaks them in for you, so you need to do nothing. some say it takes 500 miles. to be safe, follow the procedure recommended by your installer.

I had my gears installed before I took delivery of my car. The dealer never mentioned a break in period and I smoked the tires right out of the parking lot and pretty much every chance I've gotten since. 7k miles so far with no problems, is there a chance that I might have problems in the future since I didn't break them in or did I just get lucky? BTW the dealership had a promotion when I bought it that included free tires for as long as I own it so I kind of feel obligated to spin em whenever I can! :D

Then how come there's no break in cycle for the gears in a new car? When I bought my 07, it had 5 miles on it and no one said to break in the rear gears. I left the dealer burning rubber.