Getting my CLutch and Flywheel installed

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
NE, OH
Hey guys, I am going to be getting my clutch and flywheel installed tomorow. Mcleod stage 2 and FRPP aluminum flywheel.:banana: :banana: :banana:. Cant wait. Just thought I would let you guys know. Hopefully there will be no problems with it. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

imblown-ru said:
change out your throwout bearing and pilot bearing while your in.

I have the throwout bearing, You think I need to change the pilot bearing too, If so would the dealership have one? thats where its getting done at.

change your pilot bearing and pivot ball as well. Pivot ball is $15 at the dealership and should be replaced as it gets grooves worn into it from the clutch cable. Expect to have the dealer bone you for labor charges though, my Ford dealer wanted over $100 more to do the job than the place I had it done at. As a sidenote, my pilot bearing came out in pieces bc whoever put in the last clutch hammered it in

Is that combo that your using a pretty good street setup? I've been thinking about a clutch and flywheel at some point and I was thinking about McLeod as I've never heard any bad things about them and I'm sure the FRPP flywheel is pretty good as well.