Getting Ready to Order Upper, Lower, and Throttle body. Help Me Out!

The background: I have finally decided that waiting until I get a longblock in is not an option. Whatever I go with will probably only be on the stock block for about 6 months at most. As of now I have all of your typical bolt-ons. The only thing I haven't finished up is the upper and lower intake and throttle body.

My future combo will most likely consist of a well built 347 short block with some AFR 185's and custom cam from Ed Curtis. This car will be street driven most of the time. I also live in California and need to stay emmisions legal.

I'm looking at getting the Edelbrock 70mm throttle body, Edelbrock Performer intake, and obvioulsy the Edelbrock elbow adapter. I just want to make sure this intake choice will not hold my power back with the future combo before I buy.

I've also considered the RPM II intake. But is it emissions legal and how will it affect drivability for the time being?

I would appreciate any input or recommendations since I will be purchasing this week. I just want to get a little more fun out of the motor now and have everything ready to drop in a brand new 347 when the time comes. Thanks.
- Justin

• Sponsors (?)

an intake wont affect your emmissons....hell my car still passed with my turbo setup...with a cam, etc.

if your going 347, i will go a bit off the beaten path and reccomend the holly systemaxII intake setup with the largest TB that it will take (70 or 75mm). Its a great intake for what you need.

that won't hold you back at all. i was going to use a typhoon on my 331, and i am going with a performer rpm on my 408.

my polished pro products tyhpoon is just sitting in my basement ... pm me if you are interested in it