Getting rid of the X-Pipe raspiness! Baffles are the answer!

bunny_power

Aug 13, 2003
Edmonton
My car was way way too loud. I've got an M55 3" catback and O/R X and it was really really raspy and really really really incredibly *****ing loud, so loud that I got a ticket for it a couple of weeks ago.

After searching around I found the answer in the form of some 3" Bassani baffles. They just came in and I installed them last night. The difference is dramatic! No more rasp, and the volume has been cut down about 30%, which means that my car is still LOUD, but its not eardrum splitting, blood coming out of your ears obnoxiously loud, and they really smoothed out the tone of the exhaust too. There is no more high pitched rasp, just a smooth aggressive tone. It sounds perfect now!

The best part is that because they simply fit into the end of the tailpipes you can remove them if you want to go to the track and scare babies and they don't reduce the performance gain you get from going with O/R pipes.

NOTE: I'm not posting this to start an O/R vs cats or X vs H debate just to share some info. :p

• Sponsors (?)