girdle's

88stangmangt

Nov 25, 2003
Stafford,VA
i have heard that alum girdle's are no good because when they get hot they expand. Thus defeating the purpose oh haveing one is this true? i was looking at the one from DSS and also the steel one from trickflow. both with a windage tray now to my second question how much do they improve the strength on the block? this is all to be put under 10lbs of boost. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes that is very true about the expanding when the aluminum get's hot. And yes it will stress the Main caps even more. But there are several people on here that swear by the DSS Girdles But not I...

Anywho which Trickflow girdle was ya looking at? Race or Street? I think they both need the caps machined but dont quote me. I picked up a Canton 1/2 inch Chromeoly along with there windage tray and it's already machined to clear the cap's and my engine builder said that this is the nicest girdle he has ever seen..

But what ever you do make sure you get a steel one. Everyone want's to sell the nice trick aluminum stuff stick with the STEEL...