Girl Trouble, Please Help

DFG 5OH

Aug 28, 2004
Louisville, KY
Here's the deal. I was dating this girl for over a year, then things kinda got old pretty much, and we broke up. Well we didnt talk for weeks, then one day she told a teacher (a good friend of hers) about me and a buddy doing something bad. Well it got back to me, and I bitched her out about it hardcore after class one day. Well she came to my next class, got me out, and was crying, telling me that she didnt say it...ect. Well obviously i really hurt her feelings and after that we started talking to each other again. Well one thing led to another, and we started hanging out again. I started liking her again, and i'm sure she liked me too.

In comes my buddy. We used to be really close, but we kinda moved seperate ways (he's into music and a bunch of *** **** no offence) and i'm into cars, so we kinda dont talk much anymore. Last semester i had a class with my ex, him, and a ton of my other friends. This semester, they're all still in that class (newspaper) but i had to drop it, and take a required for my diploma. This buddy is also BEST friends with my ex's older brother, who is also a big ***. Anyways, he's always at their house, and since my ex really doesnt have anything to do she usually chills with her brother and my friend. For example they go see movies together and eat...stuff like that. Well i was always kinda suspicious of my buddy trying to move in on my ex because he's desperate, and would do something like that, they kinda have similar intrests ect.

So this weekend i had more than 1 person come up to me and tell me about time they have seen my ex and my buddy getting a little TOO friendly, like my friend putting his arm around her in the hall, in the class that they are in together, he always picks her for his group, tells her jokes, gets her to laugh, and evidently is all over her. Now i made it a point to find out that these things were MORE than just casual friendly gestures. So now i'm really mad about the whole thing, especially my buddy MAYBE trying to move in on my ex who i still like. I have not talked to her about it yet, i mentioned it the other day and she acted like she didnt know what i was talking about, and said that nothing like that happens, but an eyewittness in the class says different, so do others.

So the question is...how do i handle this problem? I know my ex still likes me, and it is possible she has a crush on my buddy. IF they are dating, seeing each other as more than friends, then hell will rain down upon my buddy. He is the obvious weaker one out of me and him, and i would have no trouble handling him. I know i have no room to be mad because we're not together, and i have hung out with a couple girls, but nothing major. What really makes me mad is that its my buddy. I have a bad temper, and i fear that if i see them doing something like this, i'm going to do something bad. I need to get it straightened out, but i dont really know how going about doing it.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, you are young so its okay to make mistakes.

Either ignore it and move on... (like you maybe should because she is your ex)

OR

Beat the living **** out of him (which might make you feel better) but that would be a mistake and porbably ultimately make you lose both ur friend and ex...

I love my advice... when I was in HS, I would have picked option number 2... today, its option one almost always.. Ex's are almost always bad news anyways.

5.0_GT_kid said:
You just gotta be more appealing to her than your buddy really, that's about the only thing I've ever seen work.

trust me i am, i doubt she likes him...but any decent looking guy can win a girl over with enough time...maybe her getting a boyfriend is what i need to get over her...but not my friend god damnit. trust me this will not happen while i'm around, IF they do date then i will put a stop to it real fast.

Sounds like your ex and your buddy are perfect for each other. My advice is to find someone else and don't get involved with this drama. You may be way too young to understand this but there are way too many girls out there for you. There is no need for two guys to fight over one chick. Move on, find another one and show your ex your just fine without her. Your probaby thinking-It's not that simple. Go on being friends with the both them, be the mature one and don't let there relationship bother you. It is really that simple.

I agree, be more appealing to her first of all, but do your own thing, she will see over time what she is missing, if your buddy is such a jerk, he will mess up himself, do better for yourself, and let them both see that, but make sure to keep contact with both of them, or at least, make sure they keep there eye on you while your doing your own things..

ex's are nothing but trouble. i've been in alot of bull**** situations cuz of them. just find a new i now its hard buts its worth it. your suppose to hoe around then settle down cuz if you get tied up young you'll most likely regret it later.

VibrantRedGT said:
Sounds like your ex and your buddy are perfect for each other. My advice is to find someone else and don't get involved with this drama. You may be way too young to understand this but there are way too many girls out there for you. There is no need for two guys to fight over one chick. Move on, find another one and show your ex your just fine without her. Your probaby thinking-It's not that simple. Go on being friends with the both them, be the mature one and don't let there relationship bother you. It is really that simple.

i couldn't of said it any better... don't be stupid and fight your friend or try to break them up if they do get together. That'll just cause more problems, your best bet is to move on, meet some new girls and stay friends with both of them.

If she likes him, you beating the **** outta him is gonna make her like you a lot less I'm guessing. Just chill, if you really do still like her, let her know what's up. But remember, you ARE ex's right? She has every right (as does your buddy) to go out with whoever she wants.

Wanna know my ultimate advice? PIITB of her best friend! :banana:

All I can offer is one small piece of advice. NEVER guess how the girl thinks about you. It will always be wrong. Girls operate without any logic at all it seems. If your buddy is a jackass as you claim, don't count on them breaking up. Girls seem to be attracted to morons. I would almost be flattered if she didn't like you anymore. It must mean your a normal ok guy.

Girls don't really every stop being crazy until later in life (if they ever really stop). At 18-20-somthing they don't have a clue what they want (other then ruining your life for fun). Its like trying to capture bigfoot blindfolded.

I wouldn't beat up your friend. In fact, i would beat HER up instead. Women and children make for an easy K.O.

Ok, im just joking there, but really just move on man. Don't let her get to you, thats what she wants.

update:

she came over tonight, it was kinda weird at first, but by the end of the night everything was back to normal. The only thing is even though she acted normal...there was one thing that was a little different but it could've been my fault...and in the back of my mind i still remember what everyone was telling me about her:bang:

"Wanna know my ultimate advice? PIITB of her best friend!"
What great advice, I cant believe how funny that is. I just posted a thread the other day with a similar rant. The best response/advice I got for my ex was that shes fair game. It bugs the hell out of me that shes banging one of my friends friends who is a complete dirt ball. Now that I quit smoking bud, I guess shes not the one. In college we used to get baked and screw all day it was great. Now I just want to bang something with a heartbeat and a few brain cells.
Flying solo sucks balls, Ive been doing it for too long. I see everyones hot girlfriends on that "post pics of your gf" and Im wicked jealous of all of you. Dude if things dont work out for you all I can say is that someday someone will make you happy (or you will die miserable and alone). For our sake, I hope we both find something with two tits and a CUNextTuesday real soon.
-fawcett