Give me one good reason

Stang2003GT

Jul 7, 2003
I have ordered a MGW shifter for my T-3650 for my 03 GT. I spent 187 dollars on it. I have buyer remorces realy realy bad. Im about 90% on returning this product.

If anyone can give me one good reason to keep it, I will.

I dont care about the shortest throw, I can shift my stock shifter fast enough without missing any gears.

It won't make my car faster, look better or ride smoother or more racey. I also have a problem replacing a part that is workin 100% that wont improve on performance.

So is an MGW short throw a waste for me? My firend has a pro 5.0 in his sn95 and he loves it and I think it is redicules on how short it is (height). I know like most mustang owners say is the first mod you should do, but I dont see any benifits, just a big hole in my wallet!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

OK, I had the same issue back in the day ... I could shift good with the stocker but hated that it was 1000000 feet tall. So I bought a tri-ax shifter handle and put it on the stock shifter. It works excellent for me. The handle was hella cheap compared to buying the entire shifter. My 2 penniez. :)

Reason I bought my Pro 5.0 was that I was missing third alot when shifting fast. Haven't missed it since. I thought that the only reason to get an aftermarket shifter was to shift faster, more accurately than stock.

I just installed an MGW shifter in my car about 2 weeks ago. I think it is great. It may not speed your shifts up any, but it feels alot better than the stock shifter. The feel of the MGW shifter is excellent. It is stronger and alot tighter than the stocker. There is little or no play in the handle while the shifter is in gear. That reason alone makes me like this one better than the stock one. I didn't think the stock shifter was that bad either.

allow me to. my mgw is still one of my fav mods. the stock shifter is long and slow. your wrong when you say it wolnt gain you any performance, because it will. if u can slam a regular throw in x seconds, than with almost half that throw, your shifts will be almost twice as fast. it might be tenths or hundreths of a second, but dont those tenths and hundreths make a big difference when it comes to strip. plus its a more solid shifter and smoother at the same time, and feels really cool to shift because its so short. performance = yes, fun = def. yes, smooth = yes, so why not? ok, im done being a salesman, but its the truth

Since you dont race or slam gears, then it comes down to if you care about the feel of the shifter. I have a MGW in mine and i just drove my brothers this weekend with the stock shifter. Its nite and day difference. Mine is so much more of a solid, tight, positive shift feel when i shift. His is long, loose feeling and very slow, not to mention not a very positive feel. I suggest you go drive one with an aftermarket shifter and see if it is that big of a deal to you. Not being a dick, but why did you order it in the first place if you dont race or slam gears and are perfectly good with your stocker?

Stang2003GT said:
I have ordered a MGW shifter for my T-3650 for my 03 GT. I spent 187 dollars on it. I have buyer remorces realy realy bad. Im about 90% on returning this product.

If anyone can give me one good reason to keep it, I will.

I dont care about the shortest throw, I can shift my stock shifter fast enough without missing any gears.

It won't make my car faster, look better or ride smoother or more racey. I also have a problem replacing a part that is workin 100% that wont improve on performance.

So is an MGW short throw a waste for me? My firend has a pro 5.0 in his sn95 and he loves it and I think it is redicules on how short it is (height). I know like most mustang owners say is the first mod you should do, but I dont see any benifits, just a big hole in my wallet!!!!

I missed 3rd at the track and it pissed me off. I think it's worth the money. Every little bit helps, ya know?

DropTopPony said:
Cheap ASS!!!! Its only $187...if that gives you remorse then you shouldn't be modding at all because it only gets way more expensive from here.

$187 isnt exactly pocket change for all of us you know.

As for the shifter, if you didnt really want it why did you order it? Its a very quality peice and will improve the shifting feel alot. But if you dont race or slam gears than its really not going to impress you like it would others.

BurningRubber said:
As for the shifter, if you didnt really want it why did you order it? Its a very quality peice and will improve the shifting feel alot. But if you dont race or slam gears than its really not going to impress you like it would others.

I don't really bang gears and its just a nice step up from stock. Looks berrer too.

I guess if your the "typical" mustang owner. ie the ones that just drive the car, then what's the point.
But if yor going to really DRIVE the car then a quality aftermarket shifter is a great investment. With the MGW you can position it where you want it. Ie. hand off wheel on knob not reaching around looking for it. It is shorter the shorter the distance the quicker the shift the quicker the shift the quicker power is been put to the ground.
As for the MGW price you have any idea how many people buy other shifters then wind up buying a mgw? Hell I know 3 local guys that have done just that after driving my car.

DropTopPony said:
Cheap ASS!!!! Its only $187...if that gives you remorse then you shouldn't be modding at all because it only gets way more expensive from here.
So very true.I still remember my first mod.A shift knob because I didn't like the factory one coming loose all the time.15K later and I'm still not done:rolleyes: .

I just put a Steeda Tri ax in mine. I would have went with an MGW, but I got the Steeda one brand new $132 after a discount, so I went with it.

Honestly, it does feel MUCH better. Its really wierd at first, but as you get used to the new feel, you do notice how much more precise it feels. Only things I really hated about the stock shifter was the sloppy feeling and what I thought was a PITA 2-3 shift at the strip. I know for a fact my shifter will cut down on my ET's, simply for that 2-3 shift alone. Because of the centering springs, all you have to do basically is push the shifter up, and it goes straight into 3rd. Try and convince me that this IS NOT a wise investment.