Glassback Install

No, they are not the *exact* same thing, but very similar. Factory glass roof cars have a different stamping for the roof to allow for the glass and use metal filler panels fore/aft of the glass to account for build variance (I believe). The factory glass panel is a double-layer of glass w/ a safety laminate in the middle (like ours), but I do not believe the lam has the same solar absorbing characteristics as ours, which is why they included a sun shade. Because of the solar properties of the lam we use, a sunshade is not necessary as you don't feel the heat from the sun.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but.. Did you think about the fact that you will not be able to get the sun out of your eyes? I heard that it can be hot.. My girl drives a BMW, and with her sunroof there is the cover you can pull forward to cover the sunroof from the inside. I don't see anything like that for this mod. The mod looks great but IMO I would have to pass.. But, if you like it.... Go for it!!!! Good luck with cutting the roof:jaw:

I believe there is a layer of something in the glass that is to not allow the transfer of heat through into the cabin..only the light and even that is somewhat reduced.

Okay everyone thanks for your patience as I haven't had much time to attend to the thread.

Here's the skinny. Patrick, more colloquially known as CDCTech here on Stangnet has proved to be an invaluable source. Truly above any beyond what I expected.

That being said, I expected to get a start on this project a week or two ago and now I think I am going to have to postpone it until Christmas as I will be studying abroad for the Fall semester over in the UK.

I know, totally unfair to blue-ball you lusty mod men with notions of a glassback but I'm just running out of time before I head out to England.

The glassback is definately going on, but now it will just have to be a x-mas present to myself.