glasspacks

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have them on my stang in high school. They didn't sound like high performance but they were loud as hell. It sounded like a stock car and I remeber is would shoot flames out the rear (back when I got the bright idea to remove the O2 sensors) when I reved it up. It was cool for a while but got old quick. I went with the 2 chamber flowmaster after that and have had them for the last 10 years, however they do have a thick coat of rust on them.

warmdye said:
I used to have them on my stang in high school. They didn't sound like high performance but they were loud as hell. It sounded like a stock car and I remeber is would shoot flames out the rear (back when I got the bright idea to remove the O2 sensors) when I reved it up. It was cool for a while but got old quick. I went with the 2 chamber flowmaster after that and have had them for the last 10 years, however they do have a thick coat of rust on them.
I had a pair of cherry bombs on my 70 dart 340--It had the school bus effect!!

5LiterFever said:
:puke:

you can barely even hear them

I have the Super Turbos, and they are loud. They are several years old, and I have no cats, but I get alot of drone. I read on here that they need to be unequal distances from the engine. Just a few inches difference not alot.

I hear trucks with cherry bombs like that now and think the person is an idiot. However, I was in that crowd once. My car is louder than I want it, but that is ridiculous. My redneck buddy loaned me his truck a while back, its a 5.0 HO, glasspacks. It sounded OK in the truck at cruise and idle. But the raspy sound during acceleration is the pits. My buddy even ran swingset pipes and no mufflers, no kidding. That %%% is loud and they rust out quick after the paint burns off :rlaugh:

jerry beach said:
I have the Super Turbos, and they are loud. They are several years old, and I have no cats, but I get alot of drone. I read on here that they need to be unequal distances from the engine. Just a few inches difference not alot.

My super turbos made the car sound almost stock that's with longtubes dr. gas x-pipe an the muffler's were a few years old too. They suck in my book

Produmps all the way for a GT :nice: Flowpaths for mustangs with tail pipes