global west subframe connectors which ones

95StocK50

Dec 19, 2002
Idaho
I'm looking at global west subframe connectors and I'm wondering whats the difference between the round tube regular $145 subframes and the four tube rocker support subframe connectors..$150 ones. Are the four tube connectors and add on? I'm really uneducated about these things.

Would I be ok with just the regular subframes.. Want to tighten up the frame a little bit before the 393 goes in.

thanks

nathan.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the Kenny Brown subs and they work great. Very noticeable. This spring, I'm getting the rest of the kit which includes a matrix brace and jacking rails. Overall, all these parts create a similar look to what Global West is offering, but a little cheaper.

Get either one and you'll be happy. Most people only go with subs. The additional parts will make the car stiffer and allow more areas to jack up your car.

As you add more suspension stuff, subs really shine.

Like I said above, get something and get as much as you can afford. :)

I can't say enough about my GW subframes. They are the best subframe I have yet to see, although I have never seen the MM one and I hear its very comparable to the GW. I have Part# 909-C and Part# 922. I really see no need for the additional 4 tube add one. That must be used WITH the setup I have, so it'd be over $300 for them both. Everyone thinks they have the best subframe connector, but everyone that has ever seen mine says WOW. It attaches at 4 pts on the car (I think). My vert has led a hard life and these things definitely keep the body straight. You can NOT go wrong with the GW subframes. Get them and you'll see what I mean.

Killercanary said:
I have Part# 909-C and Part# 922. I really see no need for the additional 4 tube add one.

That's interesting that you don't, or rather don't need to run the 919-C (Four-tube rocker rail support) from GW, although it's only $5 more, it seems tieing into the rocker rail would be added support, but if you don't need it... heck

looking at the part# 909-C, i can see why oink said all you need is a chop saw and welder... should tell Ernan to take a look at that pic

Its not $5 more... you need to buy them BOTH.

These are not as easily coppied as you may think. They are not just a straight piece of tube steel, they are bent to conform to the body and they do not take away any ground clearance. I'm sure it could be don, but for $150 it wasn't worht my time because I could NOT have matched the quality of these connectors.

oooooooooooh, ic kinda, i did think it was an either/or thing... good thing i didn't scroll down further to part# 929-C and see all three pieces welded up
:rolleyes:

u said you have "Part# 909-C and Part# 922. I really see no need for the additional 4 tube add one. That must be used WITH the setup I have, so it'd be over $300 for them both"

sorry, i guess i just am having trouble with what you said here. So you've only got the ~$190 setup of seat supports and subframe but not the rocker rail tie-in, and that's plenty of support for your setup...