GM bought back my 04 GTO,giving me a 05'

BLK_DVL

Sep 18, 2003
Hillsboro, Or
After months of issues with my 04 GTO, GM has agreed to buy back the car from me and exchange it with a 05' GTO! Probaly with a less payment also! Works good for me both ways.

For those of you who dont know, it the 05' comes with the LS2 and 400 hp and 400ft/lbs of torque. It also features hood scoops and dual exhaust, as opposed to the 04' which had the LS1, 350hp, and no hood scoops or dual exhaust. It supposedly runs low 13's near 110 according to what ive seen on the GTO sites. Should be quick enough for now.

As long as this one is not a lemon like the last I am going to go with aCAI,LS2 edit(when its complete), underdrive pulley,long tubes and flowmasters, the sound is wicked. This is the video that made up my mind.
http://padrenet.com/host/chris/LTs-Cats-FMasters.MPG

Looks like I will be driving this car more often, and my wife driving the G35. Will be good to have a little speed again. :)

• Sponsors (?)

BTW, my old Sonic Blue Cobra is for sale again on SVTperformance if anyone is interested on here. I know the guy that has a user name DOA-SOmething something was intersted before. I was half inclined to go buy it back from him.

Keith, just got the mail today. Havent been on the site for awhile. Ill check into your other thread on the driving courses toda. Just not sure about the dates. Sounds fun though.Might take the G35 instead. Its a better handler.

I still have not taken posession of the 05 yet. Waiting on some paper work and a color decision by me. I am leaning towards impulse blue (similiar to sonic blue or the old corvette electron blue) or cyclone grey (which is like the sprial grey on the c5 vettes). Both are nice colors. Well see whats easier to get.

Thats funny, havent forgot, just been out of tune with the stang world after getting the house and battling GM for a new car!

You know I love the primitive stangs also :D I was half inclined to buy back my old Cobra that is for sale if I didnt have to pay so much to get it back.

You guys starting to go back up to PIR and Starbucks?

SonicBSnake said:
Thats funny, havent forgot, just been out of tune with the stang world after getting the house and battling GM for a new car!

You know I love the primitive stangs also :D I was half inclined to buy back my old Cobra that is for sale if I didnt have to pay so much to get it back.

You guys starting to go back up to PIR and Starbucks?

Start saving for the GT500.

Yea PIR and SB. All though the rain has cancelled these lately. There is a meet/get together this morning at Landmark Ford.

duner said:
Cool Jesse. Wednesday is a little tough.

I sent an e-mail to Ben as well. No response. I guess you guys with the new fancy non-stangs forget all about us :D

Hey man! Holy cow, I have my PM and email set up to delivery to a really old address that I don't even use anymore. And I haven't trolled on here for quite a while (Been too busy modding the STi). Sorry about that, I really wanted to take the STi. I would try to jump on last minute but I have work obligations this week that I can't get out of. Usually I can pretty much do whatever I want but I have my hands tied this week. It sucks too because I am all caught up but I can't leave work. Hence the bordem and the surfing of Stangnet.

Heck, it has been so long since I got on this forum I had to quickly find the signature on Ed to see if he broke 11's.

I can't believe Jesse's story. Crap I work the same shift as him and I never see him anymore. I haven't even heard this story about the GTO.

I have been busy with the STi. The most recent modification was the installation of a methanol injection system. It is amazing, I wish I had messed around with a H20 or methanol system on my Cobra.

48069908-0fab-02000180-.jpg

SonicBSnake said:
Looks cool Ben, whats it do :scratch:

It allows me to run about 4 more degrees of timing up top and about 3 more psi. It is adjustable and I have it set to come on at anything above 10 psi.

Amazing system. I run 10% Methanol and 90% water. The cooling effect from the methanol and the water helps to reduce detonation and give you more headroom. The STi has a very sensitive knock sensor and penalizes you by pulling timing like crazy whenever it detonates. This system gave me so much headroom that I was actually able to bump up timing and boost and still have a nice safety buffer. I wasn't expecting the extra headroom, I was only expecting an improvement in consistancy and some nice hot summer month protection. I got a lot more than I bargained for.

After using this system I will never own another performance car without one. Amazing benefits.

Edited to show picture of the high powered pump.
48069906-6c12-02000180-.jpg

breakemlose said:
Why 10% methanol 90% water?

At least do a 50/50. Your losing power by doing so.

I run 66% methanol 33% water myself. I add 5.5 degrees timing when it activates :)

Cool good to know. I don't personally know many people who use this so I will take your advice and try mixing up a little more of an equal batch next time. I'm really not looking for power, more for cooling and detonation protection. I am right at the edge of pushing the motors envelope as is. I just need protection.

Thanks for the know how, I'll data log next time the tank empties out.

909 said:
It allows me to run about 4 more degrees of timing up top and about 3 more psi. It is adjustable and I have it set to come on at anything above 10 psi.

Amazing system. I run 10% Methanol and 90% water. The cooling effect from the methanol and the water helps to reduce detonation and give you more headroom. The STi has a very sensitive knock sensor and penalizes you by pulling timing like crazy whenever it detonates. This system gave me so much headroom that I was actually able to bump up timing and boost and still have a nice safety buffer. I wasn't expecting the extra headroom, I was only expecting an improvement in consistancy and some nice hot summer month protection. I got a lot more than I bargained for.

After using this system I will never own another performance car without one. Amazing benefits.

Edited to show picture of the high powered pump.
48069906-6c12-02000180-.jpg

I see.... I dont have any of these issues anymore, no more forced induction for me until a year or so when the GT500 is out for a while.

Totally different modding a LS2 motor as compared to my Cobra. Im hoping once all the mods listed above are done, I can be pushing out 400rwhp. Doesnt seem to unreasonable since the stock 05's have been dyno'ing at 350/350. The long tubes should be good for about 20-30 rwhp, catback another 5, intake about 5, pulley maybe another 5, and the tune should make up the rest. Cam is always an option, I heard the Z06 cam really wakes up the LS2's, they have a real mild setup stock. Well see though.